Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave.
After having memorized hundreds of citations over the past two years, seven of them seem to be helpful to eighty percent of my challenges. Yes, the Pareto law at work! If you are a high achiever tackling difficult projects characterized by constant setbacks, you will find these seven quotes useful. These are notorious lines which you may already be familiar with, but that doesn’t diminish the value of the present article. You’ll need to refer to them frequently on your journey toward greatness.
1. Hardship and Feeling of Helplessness
This Serenity Prayer often attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr is amongst the most powerful and illuminating quotes, helpful across a wide variety of life challenges. It’s easy to feel at the top of the world when we are succeeding, however, when the going gets tough, that’s when staying confident becomes a challenge. Of course, memorizing three simple sentences won’t make your problems go away, but it will enable you to focus your energy where it matters most.
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr
2. Fear of failure
Among the multitude of quotes on failure I have come across, Henry Ford’s excerpt captures failure and its two most important facets. First, failure is an opportunity. If we change our mindset about disappointment, we should be able to face failure more courageously and not engage in many self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviors. Second, failure gives us the possibility to start over, better and stronger than before. This is the true purpose of failure. Failure isn’t meant to bring you down, but to strengthen your resolve and propel you to your goal.
3. Fear of success
Never thought I would include a quote about the fear of success. As a life coach, I realize that the fear of victory is a genuine issue that many face. Remember those moments when the sight of the finish line created all those self-doubts and limiting beliefs? Many strive to reach a lofty goal, only to feel insecure and undeserving when they close in on their target. When hesitance creeps in, remember that you are “powerful beyond measure,” and you were “born to shine.” Therefore, instead of selling yourself short, go full strength and enjoy the massive success that’s rightfully yours.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.” — Marianne Williamson
4. Fear of criticism
This quote is simple, yet powerful. It takes no effort to descend into oblivion when someone criticizes us. Always remember that it’s easier for the average individual to chastise than to compliment. People often criticize to fill their own void. You should use it to your advantage. Ask yourself: how can I grow from that criticism? In the same vein, you must frame your criticism constructively to instruct, not to disparage.
“Criticism is information that will help you grow.” — Hendrie Weisinger
Boredom and procrastination are two enemies to expect when working toward a worthwhile goal. Regardless of one’s level of motivation and passion for a subject, there are days when they won’t feel like lifting a feather. Commit this quote to memory and refer to it whenever the weight of laziness drags you down.
“Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today.” — Thomas Jefferson
Many times we become impatient when we have put in the hard work and aren’t seeing any results. But remember that nature doesn’t operate linearly, so cultivate patience. Mother nature doesn’t worry, why should you?
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” — Lao Tzu
7. Heightened Sense of Superiority
Just as we may experience a sense of inferiority to others, as we become more knowledgeable, many develop the superiority complex. This is particularly common for those of us in leadership roles and whose ideas matter a great deal. An article published in Harvard Business Review by Bill Taylor reported that when students at MIT Sloan School of Management were asked what it meant to be promoted to the rank of manager, without hesitation they replied: “It means I can now tell others what to do.” This exemplifies the value of learning to be humble when in a position of authority. As one climb the ladder of success, humility is the chief skill we must learn. May your effort, your failure and Socrates’ words remind you that like everyone else, you are a work in progress.
“True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.” Socrates
Those are troublesome times, the best we can do is to strive to strengthen our spirit and elevate others. This is the purpose of this article. I hope these quotes help you stay grounded on your journey toward success as they have for me.
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
The 5 Ethics of Life You Need to Know About
4 Foundational Values to Building a Brand on Social Media
25 Things You Can Do Everyday to Become Your Best Self
Sometimes You Have to Ditch Your Vision to Discover Your Calling
5 Secret Codes to Making The New Year a Winning Year
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
Harnessing Your Emotional Intelligence as a Female Entrepreneur
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
10 Morning Rituals Of the World’s Most Successful People
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Self-Esteem Is More Important Than Confidence When Building a Business
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How To Overcome Financial Fear In Your Life & Business
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Balance Ambition and Perfectionism
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
5 Ways to Change Your Habits and Reach Your Goals
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Incorporate the Vision of Others for Business Success
- Success Advice1 week ago
Here’s Why People Get Mad When You Achieve Success