Morgan Freeman is an American actor and narrator. Freeman has won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. He has also received 4 different Oscar nominations.
Morgan Freeman is known for his distinctively smooth, deep voice. He is ranked as the 4th highest box office star with over $4.3 Billion total box office gross sales, averaging over $74 million per film.
With a net worth of an estimated $150 million, Morgan Freeman is one of the most iconic actors in Hollywood today.
Here are 48 Extraordinary Morgan Freeman Quotes:
1. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.” – Morgan Freeman
2. “How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.” – Morgan Freeman
3. ”If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge, because it’s life or death.” – Morgan Freeman
4. “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
5. “I can say that life is good to me. Has been and is good. So I think my task is to be good to it. So how do you be good to life? You live it.” – Morgan Freeman
6. “Was I always going to be here? No I was not. I was going to be homeless at one time, a taxi driver, truck driver, or any kind of job that would get me a crust of bread. You never know what’s going to happen.” – Morgan Freeman
7. “I knew at an early age I wanted to act. Acting was always easy for me. I don’t believe in predestination, but I do believe that once you get where ever it is you are going, that is where you were going to be.” – Morgan Freeman
8. “I feel fine, I don’t care who the director is. All you have to do is know what your doing – all of us – everybody in the business – that’s all you ask anyone – you know your job, I know mine, let’s go do it.” – Morgan Freeman
9. “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” – Morgan Freeman
10. “People hear that and say I’m being modest, but I am not a modest person, but I have to be truthful about what I’m doing and what I’m doing is channeling.” – Morgan Freeman
11. “As you grow in this business, you learn how to do more with less.” – Morgan Freeman
12. “Give me something interesting to play and I’m happy.” – Morgan Freeman
13. “I gravitate towards gravitas.” – Morgan Freeman
14. “And some places you been before are so great that you don’t ever mind going back. Some places you been before you don’t ever want to go back, you know, like Montreal in the Winter.” – Morgan Freeman
15th Morgan Freeman Quote – “It’s what I learn from the great actors that I work with. Stillness. That’s all and that’s the hardest thing.” – Morgan Freeman
16. “I find it difficult to watch myself… I find it boring.” – Morgan Freeman
17. “People need to start to think about the messages that they send in the movies.” – Morgan Freeman
18. “Most of the time it’s the role. Sometimes it’s the story and sometimes it just the paycheck. It’s the little movies that come out as stories or the fact that I have work to go out, you know what I’m saying, you can only be out so long without work, you start getting antsy.” – Morgan Freeman
19. “I’ve been living with myself all of my life, so I know all of me. So when I watch me, all I see is me. It’s boring.” – Morgan Freeman
20. “I’m not intimidated by lead roles. I’m better in them. I don’t feel pressure. I feel released at times like that. That’s what I’m born to do.” – Morgan Freeman
21. “Acting means living, it’s all I do and all I’m good at. If I weren’t getting paid well, I would still be acting in a small troupe somewhere.” – Morgan Freeman
22. “I don’t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.” – Morgan Freeman
23. “Luther King Jr. is remembered as our prince of peace, of civil rights. We owe him something major that will keep his memory alive.” – Morgan Freeman
24. “The reason actors, artists, writers have agents is because we’ll do it for nothing. That’s a basic fact – you gotta do it.” – Morgan Freeman
25. “My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don’t get it, I can’t do it.” – Morgan Freeman
26. “It can have an enormous effect because big budget movies can have big budget perks, and small budget movies have no perks, but what is the driving force, of course, is the script, and your part in it.” – Morgan Freeman
27. “I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.” – Morgan Freeman
28. “Dr. Martin Luther King is not a black hero. He is an American hero.” – Morgan Freeman
29. “Let me tell you about being executive producer. It is not a job, it’s a title. Don’t go around asking executive producers what they do because they don’t do anything, alright?” – Morgan Freeman
30th Morgan Freeman Quote – “Is there a movie I think I should have won the Oscar for? Yeah. All of them.” -Morgan Freeman
31. “When I was a teenager, I began to settle into school because I’d discovered the extracurricular activities that interested me: music and theater.” – Morgan Freeman
32. “If you’re playing somebody who is not you, then you can imagine that you are that person. You can feel like he feels, move like he moves, look like he looks – in your own mind.” – Morgan Freeman
33. “Not only do I have to live right, I have to get some cash for my troubles – it’s a scary thing, and people need to start to think about the messages that they send in the movies.” – Morgan Freeman
34. “There’s no mystery to it. Nothing more complicated than learning lines and putting on a costume.” – Morgan Freeman
35. “Life doesn’t offer you promises whatsoever so it’s very easy to become, ‘Whatever happened to… ?’ It’s great to be wanted. I spent a few years not being wanted and this is better.” – Morgan Freeman
36. “Once you’ve gotten the job, there’s nothing to it. If you’re an actor, you’re an actor. Doing it is not the hard part. The hard part is getting to do it.” – Morgan Freeman
37. “When I was doing theater, I was very successful at believing that I was great, God’s gift to the theater.” – Morgan Freeman
38. “As far back as I can remember, I saw my first movie when I was six years old. And since then I wanted to do that. I wanted to be a part of that.” – Morgan Freeman
39. “I do know there are a lot of people who seem to be in my corner, and that’s, of course, wonderful. I’m really more interested in the nomination than in the award, because I think the nomination just puts you within a group of outstanding actors.” – Morgan Freeman
40. “I like the character roles. Somewhere back there I really came to the conclusion in my mind that the difference between acting and stardom was major. And that if you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they’re going to go and see the story you’re in.” – Morgan Freeman
41. “You’re going to relegate my history to a month.” – Morgan Freeman
42. “Still, it can be more effective to accomplish what you need to accomplish with the minimum effort. Watch Anthony Hopkins. He doesn’t appear to be doing anything. He is so still that you can’t see him working, but you are drawn into his character through his very stillness.” – Morgan Freeman
43. “One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, and you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.” – Morgan Freeman
44. “Attacking people with disabilities is the lowest display of power I can think of.” – Morgan Freeman
45. “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away the part of you that knows it was a win to lock them up does rejoice.” – Morgan Freeman
46. “When you have made your choice, it is providence that is your guide. Good, bad, or indifferent. Your fate lies in that.” – Morgan Freeman
47. “I only get one life, and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from living it.” – Morgan Freeman
48. “We humans are more concerned with having than with being.” – Morgan Freeman
Which Morgan Freeman quote impacted you the most? Share below!
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life
Meaning isn’t something you stumble upon. It’s something you consciously build into your life. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. The people you love, the things you cherish, and what you’re willing to sacrifice make up who you are. (more…)
The Biggest Man-Made Myth and What You Can Do About It
Why “No Pain, No Gain” Is More Powerful Than You Realize
4 Reinvention Strategies Leaders Can Learn From Legally Blonde
What I Learned as a Young Entrepreneur and Why You Should Take Notes
A 3 Step Process to Deal With Negative Emotions as an Entrepreneur
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Crypto News4 weeks ago
Why Defi Is Hot Right Now and How Safemoon Will Dominate Crypto
Life2 weeks ago
5 Ways to Rediscover Your Purpose in Life
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Non-Financial Factors to Measure Success as an Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
4 Tips for Making the Leap From Employee to Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How Are You Defining Your Success as an Entrepreneur?
Success Advice3 weeks ago
5 Things I’ve Learnt From Selling Private Jets to 7 Figure Coaching Programs
Success Advice4 weeks ago
Brain Dump: A Powerful Method for Increasing Productivity
Success Advice2 weeks ago
5 Dos and Don’ts When Starting a Business With a Friend