Contribution is defined as something that you contribute or do to help produce or achieve something together with other people or to help make something successful. May these quotes inspire you to make a positive contribution to the world so that you may help advance humanity to a greater level.
Here are 35 quotes to inspire you to live a life of contribution:
1. “You’re happiest while you’re making the greatest contribution.” – Robert F. Kennedy
2. “The best contribution one can make to humanity is to improve oneself.” – Frank Herbert
3. “Every individual in the world has a unique contribution.” – Jack Kornfield
4. “It’s the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness.” – Sheryl Sandberg
5. “The quality of your life will be determined by the quality of your contribution. When you work to improve the lives of others, your life improves automatically.” – Kurek Ashley
6. “We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.” – Roger Ebert
7. “I feel that my whole life is a contribution.” – Pete Seeger
8. “Every contribution counts. Everyone can make a difference. Just start with yourself.” – Anonymous
9. “Your rewards in life are always in direct proportion to your contribution – your service.” – Earl Nightingale
10. “Success is making a positive difference to other people, especially seeing others grow, succeed and thrive as a result of your own small contribution.” – Azran Osman Rani
11. “Success must include two things: the development of an individual to his utmost potentiality and a contribution of some kind to one’s world.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “You have brilliance in you, your contribution is valuable, and the art you create is precious. Only you can do, and you must.” – Seth Godin
14. “Never think that what you have to offer is insignificant. There will always be someone out there that needs what you have to give.” – Anonymous
15. “It is in your hands to create a better world for all who live in it.” – Nelson Mandela
16. “You look out there and there’s people that, their day is changed because of your contribution to it.” – Brad Paisley
17. “Let your actions contribute to advancing humanity to a greater level.” – ATGW
18. “I have a contribution to make.” – Lauren Bacall
19. “Your contribution to the world are significant gifts to humanity.” – Amy Larson
20. The key to life is not accumulation, it is contribution.” – Stephen Covey
21. “Great ambition and conquest without contribution is without significance. What will your contribution be?” – Anonymous
22. “Life is about growth and contribution, not perfection.” – Anonymous
23. “Treat your new job as a mission. Avoid procrastination. Increase contribution. Exceed expectations.” – Anonymous
24. “Our contribution purely depends on our consciousness and our willingness to support those in need, to show vulnerability and accept the support of others, to share without expecting the credit, to give it our all and allow our hard work to determine the outcome.” – Yehuda Berg
25. “When you are making a success of something, it’s not work. It’s a way of life. You enjoy yourself because you are making your contribution to the world.” – Andrew Grantelli
26. “Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you’ve got.” – Steven Pressfield
27. “Replace your pursuit of success with the pursuit of contribution.” – Peter Drucker
29. “Most people set goals to get. There is a better way. Instead, try setting your goals, based on personal growth and contribution to others.” – Eric Worre
30. “Success is not a function of the size of your title but the richness of your contribution.” – Robin Sharma
31. “The single biggest contribution you can make is to step into your greatness. Let your own unique magnificence blossom.” – Jane Lee Logan
32. “What a privilege to be here on the planet to contribute your unique donation to mankind.” – Morris Dees
33. “Only once you give yourself permission to stop trying to do it all, to stop saying yes to everyone, can you make your highest contribution towards the things that really matter.” – Greg McKeown
34. “It is not position but contribution that makes a leader.” – Apoorve Dubey
35. “It is not what we get but who we become, and what we contribute that gives meaning to our lives.” – Tony Robbins
Which contribution quote was your favorite and why? Comment below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
Social Intelligence: Great Relationships Ensure Your Workplace Success
The Main Reason Why You’re Consistently Losing Sales
6 Simple but Effective Ways You Can Get the Very Best From Your Team
Do Not Let Fear Beat You: 6 Ways to Boost Your Courage Right Now
5 Ways to Supercharge Your Teams Motivation With Mindfulness
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How Positive Self-Talk Boosts Motivation and Productivity
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Embrace a Growth Mindset to Achieve an Infinite Amount of Success
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Keys to Getting the Results You Want in Life
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
7 Key Elements to Changing Your Mind to a Business Mindset
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Quick Tips to Overhaul Your Mindset With Ease
- Life3 weeks ago
Awakening to Significance: The Reward of Living a Meaningful Life