Greg Plitt (1997-2015) is a motivational legend. Bodybuilder, actor, speaker, model and American Army Ranger: Greg has had quite the inspirational journey. During his infamous career, Greg would push his body to its physical limits because he believed that he had none. Since his untimely death, Greg’s words of wisdom have resonated with millions through his youtube videos.
Here are some of Greg Plitt’s most powerful quotes:
1. “Second by second you lose the opportunity to become the person you want to be. Take charge of your life.” – Greg Plitt
2. “Every action has a purpose. When every action has a purpose every action has a result.” – Greg Plitt
3. “You must believe in yourself enough to be the person now that you want others to remember you for later.” – Greg Plitt
4. “Life isn’t about waiting the storm to pass. It’s about dancing in the rain.” – Greg Plitt
5. “Opportunities don’t come knocking on the door. They present themselves when you knock the f*#king door down.” – Greg Plitt
6. “Today begins, tomorrow continues, and it never ends until you reach your goal.” – Greg Plitt
7. “You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.” – Greg Plitt
8. “In life, it’s not the genetic guy who wins or the guy with the most potential who wins; it’s the person with the greatest perseverance who wins. Always be willing to get up and go at it again and again. That’s the guy who has his hands raised later in life. That’s the guy you guys need to be.” – Greg Plitt
9. “The pump is one of the better highs in life. You don’t need to shoot up for it, you don’t need to snort it. All you’ve got to do it sweat for it.” – Greg Plitt
10. “The real tragedy in life isn’t someone who hasn’t achieved their goal, it’s the person that never had a goal to begin with.” – Greg Plitt
11. “Go for it! You know what? This comfort zone is f****ng dangerous zone. It’s stopping you from your true potential!” – Greg Plitt
12. “There are two types of pain, the one that breaks you and the one that changes you. In the gym, pain is felt as a result of weakness leaving the body. Physical pain is the pain of transformation and the pain of progress. The more you endure, the harder it becomes to accept the thought of failure.” – Greg Plitt
13. “When you help yourself, you feel good. But when you help somebody else get back on their feet, it’s a high that no chemical drug can ever match. It’s the greatest high in the world. It’s addictive, it’s contagious, and the world needs more of it.” – Greg Plitt
14. “If you mentally believe it will happen, your body is going to find a way to make it physically happen.” – Greg Plitt
15. “Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up.” – Greg Plitt
16. “You are what you do repeatedly. If excellence is something you’re striving for, then it’s not an accident. It’s a habit.” – Greg Plitt
17. “I love the mentality that when push comes to shove, simply work harder and the results will come.” – Greg Plitt
18. “If you do not give 110% in your life, I promise your life will haunt you for the rest of your days. Time is the most valuable asset on earth, a depreciating asset. Don’t waste another moment of life where you are not at your fullest potential getting the most out of the time you have in life.” – Greg Plitt
19. “Bet on yourself. If you bet on yourself you’ll never lose.” – Greg Plitt “Once you known where your current limits are, then you know how to destroy them, push them… grow them.” – Greg Plitt
20. “Belief, confidence in yourself. The world’s your playground. Limitless. My question is… will you be remembered?” – Greg Plitt
21. “It’s early in the morning and your competition is still sleeping.” – Greg Plitt
22. “If tomorrow doesn’t happen, would you still do what you’re about to do today? If that answer is no, you’re alive, but you’re not living.” – Greg Plitt
23. “Your mind is the strongest and most valuable muscle you can grow in the gym.” – Greg Plitt
24. “If you guys are really wondering if you are burning out mentally. Take a day off and go to your local hospital. Go to the cancer wing. Look at 4-year-old, who won’t ever see their teenage years, probably won’t ever see their next birthday. Go and see someone who is mentally or physically retarded, or see when a soldier who just came back from war who doesn’t have legs anymore. Stare that guy down. Look him right in the eyes and tell them, as you stand there with 2 capable legs, that you burned out. That you don’t want to use them. See if that doesn’t kill him right there. Because he would do anything to have that opportunity.” – Greg Plitt
25. “The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you.” – Greg Plitt
26. “The difference between a winner and a loser – they both failed, but the winner gets back up and does it again and again until it goes his way.” – Greg Plitt
27. “I failed” is 10 times the man than “what if” because “what if” never went to the arena. – Greg Plitt
28. “The clock is ticking, are you becoming the person you wanna be?” – Greg Plitt
29. “The road to success is a very lonely road. You’re not gonna see too many friends. It’s only you with your shadow. Once you get there, many people will love you, also many people will hate you. Because your success is a huge spotlight, shining on their failures.” – Greg Plitt
30. “Today it begins. Tomorrow it continues. And it never ends, until you reach your goal and cross the finish line.” – Greg Plitt
31. “One Hour of pain produces a lifetime of pride.” – Greg Plitt
32. “Why cry about missed opportunities when you have the ability to smile at opportunities lived? The past has created who you are NOW, where we learn and grow from the past, never resting upon previous achievements or allowing past failure to paralyze us in our current endeavor. All that was has created us to be the best we currently are for our greatest hour is about to arise!” – Greg Plitt
33. “That’s not normal, because we don’t want to be normal. Normal is what weak people call it living. I call it death.” – Greg Plitt
34. “Walk through the mud in life, if you ever want to get to the higher ground.” – Greg Plitt
35. “Legends never die.” – Greg Plitt
Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
The Main Reason Why You’re Consistently Losing Sales
6 Simple but Effective Ways You Can Get the Very Best From Your Team
Do Not Let Fear Beat You: 6 Ways to Boost Your Courage Right Now
5 Ways to Supercharge Your Teams Motivation With Mindfulness
8 Life Changing Benefits of Journaling Daily
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
A Salesman’s Guide to Everyday Conversation With Strangers
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How Positive Self-Talk Boosts Motivation and Productivity
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Embrace a Growth Mindset to Achieve an Infinite Amount of Success
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Keys to Getting the Results You Want in Life
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
7 Key Elements to Changing Your Mind to a Business Mindset
- Life4 weeks ago
4 Quick Tips to Overhaul Your Mindset With Ease