We’ve all seen ‘The Secret’. We are all familiar with the Law of Attraction. And we are all familiar with the method presented for manifesting our desires: Ask. Believe. Receive.
If you look at that again, it becomes more clear that the biggest obstacle standing between our wishes (ask) and their fulfillment (receive) is Belief. Most people miss out on the ability to manifest their desires because they lack the belief needed to make it happen. The key to manifesting our goals, then, is in developing a strong sense of belief. But how do we do that?
We do that by using our conscious to influence our subconscious, convincing ourselves that we already have the results that we seek. In order to achieve this, we have been taught to use affirmations, NLP, hypnosis, and other forms to program ourselves for success. These methods are great, and I highly encourage you to use them. However, I would like to focus on a method that has been utilized since before electricity.
The Miracle Of Display Advertising
Jim Carrey once wrote himself a check for $10 Million, even though he was broke and desperate. It was simply his way of advertising his desires back to himself. Remember Jack Canfield’s story from ‘The Secret’ about his $100,000 bill? Again, we are looking at someone who found a way to create a symbol to represent his goals, and then broadcast those goals to himself until it changed his sense of belief, allowing him to attract his success.
In each case (as well as countless others), the method being employed is simply a form of advertising: They were selling their goals to themselves in a way that fostered the belief of “having it now.”
Here’s The Formula For Self-Advertising:
- Create a Master Goal – This goal should be huge, outlandish, and it should inspire a certain amount of fear. Grant Cardone speaks at length about how bigger goals inspire us to really fight harder and have more fun doing it.
- Turn That Goal Into Some Form of Symbol – Think about billboard advertising. What we want to do here is create a symbol that our mind can understand at a subconscious level. This could be something like photoshopping your face onto a fitter body, or perhaps superimposing yourself onto the summit of K2. In fact, it’s a lot of fun to Google search for examples of great display ads and billboards in order to get some creative help. Ultimately you need to make this symbol something from your heart and mind. The more creativity that you apply, the better the end results will be.
- Finish Your Ad With a Killer Slogan – The secret to advertising is to reach the subconscious. The subconscious is ruled by symbols. We can use some words, but we want to keep it as simple as possible. Again, think of how a good billboard only uses words to underline the statement made by the image on display. Keep it to 10 words or less. Pro Tip: This is a great place to utilize short, direct suggestions and/or affirmations. Things like, “I deserve it” or “Do it NOW” work wonderfully for this method.
- Create Lots of Copies – Once you’ve settled on a final look for your billboard, I would suggest making a minimum of a dozen copies.
“Dare to visualize a world in which your most treasured dreams have become true.” – Ralph Marston
It’s Time To Advertise
Now that we’ve gotten our display ads created, we want to place them everywhere. The idea is to create a ‘surround sound’ effect so that there is never a time when our field of vision is missing out on the image of our desire. Does that make sense? Just like any good retailer would utilize his or her walls, shelves, and counters to build confidence in a product or service, we are going to turn our walls into billboard ad spaces.
Begin by thinking of where you spend the most time, and where your vision is fixated during that time. Now, slightly off to either side of your primary focal point, go ahead and place 2 of your ads, one on either side.
Ideal Places For Self-Advertisements:
- Each side of your computer screen, towards the edges of your field of vision.
- Either side of your TV
- The back of your bathroom door, since you look in the mirror everyday
- The back of your front door (most of us leave the house every day)
- Each side of your bedroom door, since you go in and out several times per day
- Your living room, one per wall
- Set it as your phone’s Lock Screen
“I probably visualize myself, the shots I’m going to get in the game, how I’m going to play defense, what we have to do to stop the other team’s best player, what it’s going to take out of me, the whole aspect of the game.” – Paul Pierce
There are many other possibilities, but I think the point has been made. We want to turn our homes and our office spaces into an enormous billboard. This will reach our subconscious as quickly as possible, and will result in a requisite shift in our minds.
The purpose of display advertising is to build people’s confidence in a brand, product, or service. This confidence is what causes people to buy. Utilizing this same method, we build confidence in ourselves and our goals; effectively selling our goals to ourselves until we begin to believe that we already have the desired outcome.
Give this method a try, and then leave a comment below to share your experiences.
Image courtesy of Twenty20.com
How to Appreciate Life and Not Just Exist in It
Do you sometimes stare off into space and wonder “Why am I here?” “What am I doing?” or “There has to be more to life than just this.” We get caught in the everyday routine of sleep, work, home, sleep, work, home, and…you get the point. (more…)
7 Ways to Declutter Your Personal Health
For most of us, our health is cluttered. Not necessarily cluttered by stuff, mind you, but cluttered with information. Too many new diets, new must-have supplements, or new workout plans. Too many opinions on how much water to drink, which must-have supplements to take, and how much sleep you need. (more…)
Life Lessons From The War of Art That Will Change Your Life
Life is chock full of both good and bad experiences. But, when times are hard, it’s, unfortunately, a natural reaction to revert into yourself as you take on the blows that life has dealt you. However, with that said, there is one simple truth that I’ve tried to stand by over the years. Instead of hiding away from the world during the tough times, always take a second to reflect on what got you to that position in the first place. (more…)
There’s More to Life Than Building a Business: 4 Areas of Life That Also Need Your Attention
You don’t have to look very far to see a post, article, or video about what it takes to build a business. The advice ranges from “build with balance” to “hustle until you die or you’re not trying.” (more…)
5 Ways to Encounter Creativity and Innovation That Lead to Incredible Success
3 Easy Steps to Achieving Your Goals According to Science
5 Mindset Hacks to Gaining More Opportunities and Increasing Your Income
3 Things Every Entrepreneur Must Know to Grow Their Business
Acceptance is the Key to Resiliency and Success
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
7 Inspiring Lessons Colonel Sanders Can Teach Us About Entrepreneurship
- Life3 weeks ago
Here’s a Morning Routine That Will Make You Unstoppable
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Wellbeing is the Single Most Important Skill for Your Personal and Professional Success
- Life4 weeks ago
7 Simple Strategies to Increasing Mindfulness in as Little as 30 Seconds
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How To Create Everlasting Motivation To Achieve Your Goals
- Life4 weeks ago
Here’s Why We Fall Into Self Sabotage When Things Are Going So Well
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Power Truths The Pandemic Has Taught Me About Life
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
From Foster Care to Billionaire: 6 Lessons On Building Success from John Paul DeJoria