Life

7 Obvious Signs You’re Hanging With the Wrong Friends

How to keep Negative toxic people out of your life

It’s pretty much a given that being in the right crowd can make or break your life, as in the amount of happiness you feel, the amount of inspiration you get and the number of achievements you make.

That is why many people advocate the idea of being in a positive environment and being with the right friends. But it can be hard though. Sometimes we don’t want to let go. We keep making up excuses for both ourselves and others. Other times, we’re blind to the fact that we’re in bad company.

Do yourself a favour and just drop the toxic friends. They’re anchors. You’ll be better off without them, plus you can easily make new friends.

Here’s 7 telltale signs you’re hanging with the wrong friends

1) They make money an issue

They borrow, but never return on time, if at all. They miraculously disappear all the time whenever the bill arrives. They have a job, but somehow try to make you pay for stuff. If money largely contributes to the doubt you feel in your friendships, then it’s honestly pretty clear they aren’t good friends. They’re only looking at you as a wallet. Nothing more, nothing less. Stick with a group who support each other, financially and other ways.

2) They never follow up with what they say they’d do for you

In other words, they’re full of crap. Talk is so cheap that they’re willing to continuously spend on empty words to make you happy. It’s taking action and keeping to your word that makes for real character. A real friend will never leave you hanging for nothing. You don’t need a friend who constantly takes you for granted like that. You are worth way more than mere words. It’s cheap talk that actually drags you down (since they normally sound so assuring and comforting.) So don’t think that you even need to validate yourself with such talk.

3) They’re always too busy for you

To put it straight, busy is bullsh!t. Everybody is busy today. If you want to make time for something or someone, you’ll make that time. No matter what. If a friend is constantly too busy for you, perhaps it’s time to re-evaluate that relationship, especially when you’ve put in the effort to make time for them. It’s better to be with friends who’re willing to be in your presence just for the sake of it. That’s real friendship. These are the real guys who will always be there for you.

4) They don’t care about your struggles, only what your success can give them

Ever had friends who’re always so quick to say things like, “Wow you made so much money? Haha so I guess drinks are on you!” It may sound harmless enough, but think about it: How much do these friends really care about your journey to success? How much do they care about how much you’ve grown through your struggles and challenges? If they clearly don’t care at all, they’re never going to be there for you when you’re in need of help. A true friend not only would have been there for you, they’d would be proud to see how far you’ve come. Besides, friendship is about knowing each other for who they truly are, not what they are on the surface in terms of status, amount of money one has or how big his or her house is.

live your life picture quote good friends

5) They constantly pry on you so they can compare

“How big is your salary?” “How long do you last in bed?” “Oh I bet I scored higher marks in my SATs. What did you score?” As rude as these questions are, the wrong friends have no gripe in asking them. They don’t care if they make you uncomfortable or not. And guess what? They don’t care for the answers either. They just want to compare in hopes of being better than you. And when they feel they aren’t better, they’ll just ask more annoying questions. A real friend wouldn’t intentionally make each other uncomfortable. They don’t compare either. They’re only happy for each other. You shouldn’t have to put up with anything else.

6) They indulge and feed on drama

This is when they constantly gossip and backstab each other. The Whatsapp group has open, online fights. Their Facebook statuses are bitchy and always negative. You’ll be surprised how drama can negatively impact your life. It’s tiring, draining and very disillusioning. It makes you question whether they’d turn the drama on you one day or whether they’re already talking behind your back. Real friends are mature. They’ll all grow together and settle things like adults. Your life never needs extra drama, so stay far from them.

7) You question the change in your life because of them

If you ever need to start questioning yourself, your lifestyle and your life because of your friends, they’re the wrong friends. True and great friendships will elevate you. They’ll make you so happy and inspired that you’d actually wonder, and even fear how your life would turn out without them. So don’t kid yourself. Don’t lie to yourself. You know how you feel. The questions aren’t even going to solve anything. Drop the anchors. Dump the toxic friends. Move on and find better friends. Your life will be better that way. You’ll gain more success too.

Prince EA – Why I Got Rid of Most of My Friends

1. rohit

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:06 pm

true post 🙂

2. Anil Ambattuparambil

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:13 am

Things that we should check at some point of time … which could really save ”the waste of time ”

3. mohsen

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:12 pm

hi,i’ve passed through hard times in last 2 years .i quit my job as a tutor but i failed to succeed .never mind i’m gonna try again.thanks

4. Lidiya K

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Everything here is so true.
    If we want to change for the better we need to start by eliminating the negative people from our life, those who constantly complain, make drama, discourage us and only need us when we’re succeeding.
    And if we manage to replace them for positive individuals, that inspire with their actions, that have goals and dreams and aren’t afraid to get out there and speak up, we’ll become much more contented, motivated and successful.

5. MamieSuper

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Quality articles is the important to interest the users to pay a quick visit the web site, that’s what this site is providing.

6. AnnieMcConnan

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be working with? I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest site and I would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?

7. OtiliaSpain

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:07 am

Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to return the prefer?.I’m trying to find things to improve my website!I assume its adequate to use some of your ideas!!

8. TraceeDimond

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Hi there to every , since I am in fact eager of reading this weblog’s post to be updated daily. It carries pleasant data.

9. WillyStrange

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:27 am

Magnificent items from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely great. I really like what you have got here, really like what you’re saying and the best way wherein you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great website.

10. Vera97Kuhneszm

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:24 am

You should take part in a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the internet. I am going to highly recommend this website!

Joel Brown

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:57 am

11. WilburYLBK

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get nearly anything done.

12. MatildaCoulombe

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:14 pm

This page definitely has all of the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

13. agnellah

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:01 am

This help me to find true friends

14. PriscilN61

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:30 pm

This information is worth everyone’s attention. When can I find out more?

15. ArethaMcmullen

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:17 am

If you are going for most excellent contents like myself, only go to see this web page daily because it offers quality contents, thanks

16. Eric Masoka

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:30 am

Every time when I read this I realize that the is tomorrow

17. Dr. Jesue Walker

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:17 am

wow…dunno how many times I said ouch while reading…so busy not wanting to hurt anyone’s feelings I’m being drained…this goes on the stickies…thanks so much…

18. S K Jain

Dec 10, 2014 at 5:14 am

True words. We must choose our friends wisely – those with positive minds. Avoid friends with negative mindset. Avoid those friends who create turbulence in your mind!

19. Olatunji Justice

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:12 pm

this is great. It changes my life anytime i see dis

20. Remy Sheppard - Conquering Your Life

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Awesome post. That video at the end seals it. Sometimes lists like these can be uncomfortable because you notice a thing or two on there that you do yourself – or at least I do. I have a problem with saying no, sometimes, and I end up over extending myself. And now I’m in a situation where I’ve promised someone something but I can’t deliver.

Introspection leads to growth, though.

• Dr. Jesue Walker

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:15 am

Yes introspection does Remy…

• Anil Ambattuparambil

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:16 am

The best we could is ..introspection!