When we hear the word abundance, the majority of us associate it to experiencing financial wealth. However, in its essence, abundance is about living in harmony with the expansiveness, and infinite nature, of your true self.
When you live within the realisation of your true abundant nature, it is physically manifested in financial abundance, love abundance, fun abundance, friendship abundance, etc.
The only reason why you worry about ‘lack’ (whether it is of resources, money, happiness, purpose, etc) is because you have been taught that worrying is the only way. All throughout life you have heard people talk about lack and limitation; it’s on the news, your parents talk about it, and so do your friends. There are only a very few individuals who have risen above such narrow beliefs.
“Release the idea of competition, and replace it with the idea of creation.” – Carla Schesser
The belief in scarcity perpetuates our sense of competition in the world. “Go to university and get as educated as you can so you can beat out the competition for the limited well-paying jobs!” they say. And once you get that job, “you’ve got to work nights and weekends if you really want to win!” This idea of competition comes from the belief that there is a financial pie. This pie is only so big and in order for you to obtain wealth, you’ve got to compete for a bigger piece of the pie. This sounds logical right? Well it is for the average individual, and that’s why the average individual is barely scraping by.
Release the idea of competition, and replace it with the idea of creation. All you must do is focus on developing your ability to create value for the world around you, and the amount of money that you can earn is unlimited.
Understand that it is worry and belief in lack that creates the scarcity that you may be experiencing. If you will stop believing in a lack of anything, then it will disappear from your experience.
So how do I adopt an abundance mindset, you ask?
The abundance mindset is more than a particular set of thoughts. It’s much more than thinking about yourself and your life in a certain manner. Your thoughts, or mindset, is actually more of an effect in the first place. The real cause of an abundance mindset is your emotional heart-set, or how you truly feel deep within you.
Perhaps the most telling of these emotions is the emotion of complete appreciation. Appreciation is the emotion of loving and accepting every single thing in yourself and the magnificent Universe around you. It’s a feeling of complete elation at the chance to experience another day on this wondrous planet.
Below are some strategies that I have used with effectiveness to begin realising my true nature, and the reality of abundance.
Choose what you are most drawn to and experiment:
1. Meditation – The idea of meditation is to go beyond words and experience yourself as you truly are beyond your mental activity. It is the experience of complete inner silence. This practice begins to help you realise that abundance really is your birth right, and it is who you are at your most basic level. You begin to see that your belief in lack is nothing but thoughts that you have repeated your entire life. Meditation is the first step to changing yourself, because for the first time you’ll realise that you are more than what you’ve been living as.
2. Journaling – Take time each day to write positively about your life. By looking for and identifying the good that surrounds you, you are placing your attention on positivity. The more you place your attention on anything, the more its presence grows in your life. Therefore, the simple act of focusing on abundance and positive ideas, for ten or fifteen minutes a day, will expand its presence in your life. There is always something positive in your life no matter how bad you think your life is. Search for things that you could appreciate if you wanted to and focus on that.
3. Belief – Take some time to think of the most successful people you admire. Realise that you are exactly the same as them, no more and no less. We are all human beings and we all have the same potential for success. The difference between these successful individuals and those of us that don’t succeed is the exercise of that potential. In order for you to begin tapping into your infinite potential, a belief in yourself is first required. With belief, you’ll give your full efforts; on the flip side, without a belief in yourself you won’t even give it a shot.
4. Resources – Begin the daily habit of reading and consuming ideas that stem from abundance. As you first consume these ideas, they may feel off to you because you aren’t in resonance. However, by continually listening to these ideas they will start to influence your mind, and your predominant paradigm will subtly begin to shift. Try and get a bead on how these successful individuals think and feel about life. Once you identify their paradigms, do the work required to adopt them as your own.
By taking these four simple strategies and applying them to your life, you can begin to move towards abundance in all areas of your life. This will take time and effort, but the rewards far outweigh the effort necessary to realise them.
Give it your best for at least three months and see how far you’ll go in that short period of time. Any less than three months of solid effort won’t be enough to see any results, and you’ll end up discouraged. Tap into the power within you to remain consistent and you’ll soon experience the life that you desire.
Self-Sabotage: How to Stop Holding Yourself Hostage
It was easy to put the blame on “2020” but now we are here in a New Year…so how long are we going to use that line? While the turbulence of last year certainly shook things up, it’s not a license for us to no longer hold ourselves accountable. At the end of the day, choices and perspective can make a huge impact on the trajectory of our lives. So…is it time for you to assess whether or not your decisions are the ones actually holding you back? (more…)
Here’s When Self Improvement Becomes Ineffective
I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on self-help books and seminars over the past three years. I’ve devoted thousands of hours reading blogs and listening to podcasts about personal growth and self-improvement with the goal of finding the answers that would “fix” me. After my divorce I became addicted to the idea that the answer to my happiness and healing was in a book, podcast or a blog. I kept waiting to read or hear that magic “Ah Ha” tip that would change my life forever. (more…)
Your Life Has a Meaning: Here’s How to Find Out What It Is
Knowing the purpose of one’s existence in the world is a lingering thought for everyone. Some people may interpret it as a quest, as they try out new adventures and learn new skills. Meanwhile, others may view it as a mystery that slowly reveals itself as they spend their time on Earth. They say that their complete realization of their purpose would not come in this life but the next. (more…)
10 Life Lessons I Learned in 2020 and What to Expect Next
The year 2020 has been full of ups and downs. And it is something that this generation has never been through before. And like most people, I put a lot of effort into planning, organizing, and setting goals for everything I wanted to achieve. The beginning of the year 2020 was great until the pandemic hit, everything changed. (more…)
Self-Sabotage: How to Stop Holding Yourself Hostage
To All the Social Entrepreneurs Out There, Keep Going
The Truth About Marketing Every First Time Founder Should Know
Success Is Never Owned and Rent Is Due Everyday
5 Smart Goals to Make This Year Your Most Successful Ever
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Write Down Your Goals
- Life3 weeks ago
3 of the Most Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Sports
- Life4 weeks ago
How to Discover the Fears That Impede Your Behaviors and Thwart Your Plans
- Life4 weeks ago
How to Crush Fear, Beat Imposter Syndrome, and Create a Fulfilled Life
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How to Use the 3 Sins of Motivation to Achieve Your Goals
- Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
Entrepreneurs: Here’s the Best Method to Help You Get Your Money Right
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
How Can I Stay Organized When I Have Too Much on My Plate? Here’s How:
- Life3 weeks ago
10 Remarkable Lessons From an Unconventional School Teacher