- 12 Empowering Lessons From The Multi Billionaire “Warren Buffett”Posted 2 weeks ago
- 25 Thought Provoking Picture Quotes To Inspire A Change In YouPosted 2 months ago
- Top 20 Quotes To Inspire Graduate StudentsPosted 2 months ago
- 25 Inspirational Quotes From Great Personal Development AuthorsPosted 3 months ago
- (Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of SuccessPosted 4 months ago
- 12 Stand Out Quotes From Paulo Coelho’s Amazing Book “The Alchemist”Posted 4 months ago
- (Images) 13 Motivational Picture Quotes To Pick You UpPosted 5 months ago
- (Images) 43 Of The Most Popular Motivation Picture QuotesPosted 8 months ago
This Fashion Expert Reveals The One Colour To Wear For A Successful Job Interview
This color makes others view you as someone who is “focused, committed and trustworthy”.
If you’re planning on meeting a new client or someone equally as important, red is the best color to wear when trying to persuade or impress someone in the workplace.
The color makes others view you as someone who’s “focused, committed and trustworthy,” Kenny Frimpong, brand marketing & development manager at Eredi Pisano, stated at the Small Business Summit 2012 in Manhattan.
“We’ve been in business for about 15 years and we encourage most of our clients to wear red.”
Eredi Pisano is a high-end Italian clothing store for professionals with customized suits ranging from $1,500 to $8,000.
Frimpong says that the way you present yourself in the workplace matters more today than it did in the past — mainly because there’s more competition and highly qualified people who are after the same clients and job as you.
To appear “highly disciplined,” he suggests wearing a blue or red tie alongside a blue, navy or gray suit since these are all “serious” colors.
“If you look at politicians, they always wear red and blue,” Frimpong says. “They don’t wear yellow. You only wear these loud, happy colors when you go to more informal settings.”
These louder colors — yellow, purple and orange — work well for happy hour gatherings or in-house meetings, because they’re fun and attract attention, but they don’t necessarily elicit feelings of trust or commitment.
Colour Advice For Women
Neutral colors are safe and those wearing it are considered “dull and lacking in self confidence.”
Tangerine is an aggressive color and associated with “strong emotions and high energy.” Those who wear it are thought to be creative, fun and playful.
Plum is a winner in the workplace since it makes those who wear it feel confident, attractive, calm and relaxed, yet the warm color doesn’t scream for too much attention.
Teal exudes “confidence and feminine energy.” It has a calming effect that doesn’t intimidate others and is associated with creativity and self-expression.
Follow Vivian Giang on Twitter.