- 25 Thought Provoking Picture Quotes To Inspire A Change In YouPosted 1 week ago
- Top 20 Quotes To Inspire Graduate StudentsPosted 4 weeks ago
- 25 Inspirational Quotes From Great Personal Development AuthorsPosted 1 month ago
- (Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of SuccessPosted 2 months ago
- 12 Stand Out Quotes From Paulo Coelho’s Amazing Book “The Alchemist”Posted 3 months ago
- (Images) 13 Motivational Picture Quotes To Pick You UpPosted 4 months ago
- (Images) 43 Of The Most Popular Motivation Picture QuotesPosted 7 months ago
- 25 Inspirational Quotes By The Highest Performing CEO’sPosted 8 months ago
Tumblr Cashed in $13 Million In 2012
It looks like Tumblr’s new ad push plan has worked.
Tumblr managed to generate $13 million in revenue in 2012 and is in hopes of bringing in a further $100 million in revenue in 2013, according to a recent Forbes interview with Tumblr’s CEO David Karp.
David Karp, the founder of Tumblr mentioned that his company did not previously have a revenue model in place. It looks like Tumblr was more focused on improving the site and keeping the traffic coming through, a smart move for a patient entrepreneur such as David Karp.
Tumblr kicked off their first ad revenue model in February 2012, starting with Highlighted Posts, which function like promoted posts on Facebook and Twitter. In the months to follow, Tumblr implemented several additional features, including a Radar option, Pinned Posts, and an analytics tool for brands that is priced at $500 per month.
Tumblr pulls in more than 18 billion page views per month and was recently listed in the Top 10 most trafficked websites in the US by QuantCast (A web analytics company). David Karp raised more than $125 million in funding so far and mentioned to Forbes that he has managed to keep “most of it”, only spending about $25 million for platform servicing and operations last year, they expect to ramp it up to $40 million for their big plans in the year ahead.
In September 20122 Tumblr was valued at $800 million, making David Karp’s 25%+ stake worth more than $200 million.
It sounds to me that the balls only just beginning to roll for Tumblr, it sounds like David Karp and the gang have an exciting year ahead.
Article By Joel Brown | Addicted2Success.com