Leonardo DiCaprio is an award-winning actor and a three-time Academy Award nominee.
Born in Hollywood, California, DiCaprio started acting at the age of 14. His breakthrough feature film role came in Michael Caton-Jones’ 1993 screen adaptation of Tobias Wolff’s autobiographical drama “This Boy’s Life.”
Here are 87 Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes:
1. ” I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I’m definitely an individual.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
2. “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
3. “I don’t think I ever expected anything like an Oscar ever, to tell you the truth. That is not my motivation when I do these roles. I really am motivated by being able to work with great people and create a body of work that I can look back and be proud of.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
4. “The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it… It’s a great outlet. I’m not really sure who I am – it seems I change every day. “– Leonardo DiCaprio
5. “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
6. “I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
7. “I don’t see why I can’t have friends of both sexes without wild rumors being circulated. It’s crazy.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
8. “I want to be a jerk like the rest of my friends, and have fun, and not care about the consequences, but I just can’t now.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
9. “I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
10. “The role of Rimbaud is one of the most important roles to play for a young actor.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
11. “I’m just starting to scratch the surface of what really makes me happy and it’s taken me a while to admit that acting like a little child and being a jerk and a punk is fun.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
12. “It’s easy to fall into the trap of believing all the hype that’s written about you… Who knows? In a couple of years, you might find me in the loony bin!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
13. “I realise that I do not change the course of history. I am an actor, I do a movie, that’s the end of it. You have to realise we are just clowns for hire. After I had success it was great, at first, not to worry about money. It was on my mind when I was growing up.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
14. “The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you on your toes… It’s not like any other job where you can go in and do the same thing as yesterday.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
15. “I’ve always been spontaneous and outgoing… I’ve tried lots of things so I’ve got some good life experiences, which is great ’cause it means I’ve got lots of material to work with as an actor.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
16. “I just really love doing what I do. I know every career is fleeting and there will be time periods when I don’t get the opportunities that I’m getting right now, so I am taking advantage of them.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
17. “Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don’t know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I’m a weirdo.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
18. “My mom, Irmelin, taught me the value of life. Her own life was saved by my grandmother during World War II.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
19. “My mother is a walking miracle.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
20. “Hoover was incredibly ambitious as a young man. He was highly motivated to succeed in Washington, primarily due to his mother’s expectations of him.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
21. “I prefer ordinary girls – you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn’t mean we are dating.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
22. “I’ve managed to keep a clear head and remain sane in this business because I remain a kid off-camera.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
23. “I have learned from my experiences in this industry that there is absolutely no way to control people’s opinions on your performance in your movie. You go out there, promote your film and hope people like the work you did.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
24. “I didn’t know what types of movies I wanted to do. I want to do things that are different. I want to take my time with each role.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
25. “I really don’t know what I’m doing… I don’t. It’s terrible. I go in there and I learn how to be like the character and do the best I can, and that’s all I really do.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
26th Leonardo DiCaprio Quote –“Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
27. “I grew up when I was 15 when I had my first opportunity in movies. I watched every great movie for a year and a half, and since then I’ve asked myself how I can emulate such artistry. That’s really my motivation. I want to do something as good as my heroes have done.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
28. “My career should adapt to me. Fame is like a VIP pass wherever you want to go.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
29. “I’ve been planted here to be a vessel for acting… That’s why I’m really taking any part, regardless of how complicated it’s going to be.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
30. “Portraying emotionally ill characters gives me the chance to really act.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
31. “Don’t think for a moment that I’m really like any of the characters I’ve played. I’m not. That’s why it’s called ‘acting’.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
32. “School, I never truly got the knack of. I could never focus on things I didn’t want to learn.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
33. “I was always the kid in school who tried to get attention, not necessarily the class clown, but I’d do little unexpected performances.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
34. “I like to be able to play a character and act out a lot of things which I can’t or don’t do in my normal everyday life.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
35. “Being dubbed as a hunk sort of annoys me. It gives me a yucky feeling.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
36. “I’m probably not going to get married unless I live with somebody for 10 or 20 years. But these people (Romeo and Juliet) took a chance and they did it. We don’t have the balls that Romeo did.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
37. “My father, George, has also affected the choices in my life regarding films. I like films that take chances or say something different or experiment. Growing up with him, I was surrounded by different artists – not just actors or film-makers but cartoonists, poets, writers.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
38. “Meryl Streep does things I would never have thought possible… Her presence on screen is outstanding.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
39. “Last night’s win at the Oscars was an incredible honor – but it was also an important opportunity to bring even more attention to climate change. Last year was the hottest in recorded history. Climate change is real, it is the most dire crisis our species has ever known, and it is happening right now. We must empower leaders who don’t speak for corporate interests but who speak for us, our children’s children and those whose voices cannot be heard. Take action!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
40. “Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
41. “Only you and you alone can change your situation. Don’t blame it on anything or anyone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
42. “Wrong connection will give you shock throughout your life.but the right one will light up your life.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
43. “If you have done the very best you can. worrying won’t make it any better. if you want to be successful, respect one rule.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
44. “Thirty is a very good age for an actor: you can play both young and old men.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
45. “Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
46th Leonardo DiCaprio Quote – “Why Worry?” – Leonardo DiCaprio
47. “Never let failure take control of you.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
48. “Relationships are like electric currents.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
49. “Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
50. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
51. “We are all shaped from memories we have as young people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
52. “Work until your bank account looks like a phone number.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
53. “If money isn’t everything work at McDonalds.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
54. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
55. “Smile, Nod, Agree, and do whatever you were going to do anyway.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
56. “I’m 97% sure you don’t like me. But I’m 100% sure i don’t care.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
57. “Cheers to my Haters, There is so much more to come!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
58. “I’m Really moved by all the people on the internet demanding that i should win an Oscar. but to be honest, I only do this job because i love it, not to win prizes” – Leonardo DiCaprio
59. “To join the top 1% you have to do what the 99% won’t.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
60. “I will succeed and nothing in this world is going to stop me.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
61. “97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% who never gave up.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
62. “Its business! Leave your emotions at the door.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
63. “Cheers to the ones who doubted me.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
64. “Fall in love with the person who enjoys your madness. Not an idiot who forces you to be normal.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
65. “Work until you don’t have to introduce yourself.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
66. “It was closer to manual labor than shooting a film. I always think of something Michael Caton-Jones told me: ‘Pain is temporary. Film is forever.'” – Leonardo DiCaprio
67. “I didn’t worry about what DeNiro thought… I went in, looked him in the eye, and got the part. I was confident, even though I’d never done anything like it before. Now I realise it was ignorant confidence-I had no idea.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
68. “Playing Arnie was fun because everything I did was spontaneous.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
69. “I’ve just got to maintain my passion for what I do.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
70. “That’s the cool part of the business, going to different countries with your friends and having everything paid for by the studios.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
71. “Growing up in this business and truly wanting to be a part of the world of film, I’m a truly privileged person standing here today. But I must say, the pinnacle, the pinnacle of all that has been to work alongside one of the greatest contributors to the world of cinema of our time, and that is the great Martin Scorsese.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
72. “Enough is enough. The truth is our planet’s alarm is now going off and it’s time to wake up and take action.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
73. “This created world really helped me as an actor. It heightened everything, which made it more dangerous, more interesting and more liberating.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
74th Leonardo DiCaprio Quote – “When I was young, I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything. I used to think, ‘How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?'” – Leonardo DiCaprio
75. “I like doing things that scare me. I went bungee jumping, but sky diving is just the sickest thing.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
76. “I always feel like I’m on a roller-coaster, but I never want to get off! There’s a certain high you’re always on.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
77. “Global warming is not only the No. 1 environmental challenge we face today, but one of the most important issues facing all of humanity. We all have to do our part to raise awareness about global warming and the problems we as a people face in promoting a sustainable environmental future for our planet.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
78. “People want you to be a crazy, out-of-control teen brat. They want you miserable, just like them. They don’t want heroes; what they want is to see you fall.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
79. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other-they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
80. “Most of the time I do feel like I need someone else when I’m alone. But I can still get by with just my own company and that makes me a stronger person.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
81.”I’ve changed. You can’t help it. Your mind starts working in a different way. You feel really scrutinised by people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
82. “When you develop an infatuation for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn’t need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that’s just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it’s just what you’ve been searching for all these years.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
83. “The last thing I want to turn into is a fat Hollywood jerk. I was brought up without much money and I was happy. I don’t think that I will strive for money or success and end up greedy or big-headed. That only leads to unhappiness. I can still be dow.”– Leonardo DiCaprio
84. “Love at first sight? I absolutely believe in it! You’ve got to keep the faith. Who doesn’t like the idea that you could see someone tomorrow and she could be the love of your life? It’s very romantic.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
85. “When I grew up, I lived in the ghettos of Hollywood; it was the most disgusting place to be. I was known as the crazy little kid. I did impressions. Then I realized that’s not what I want to do. I don’t want to be a comedian to please other people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
86. “Anyone I’m with has to give me freedom. I like to be with someone who has character and style and someone who is very understanding.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
87. “What I really wanted was to travel and see all the different animals that were on the verge of extinction.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio Quote & Inspirational Speech
What’s your favorite Leonardo DiCaprio Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
How to Have More Money: 5 Secrets You Need to Know to Be Wealthy
6 Tips for CEOs to Master Work-Life Balance
4 Signs You Need Support in Your Business & How to Pinpoint Where You Need It
7 Financial Health Strategies for Young Entrepreneurs
3 Tips To Supercharge Your Visualizations
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Quotes3 weeks ago
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
Why It’s So Important To Break Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Motivation3 weeks ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn from The King of the Jungle
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Ways to Uncover Your Blind Spots and Live Life on Your Terms
- Quotes3 weeks ago
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
- Entrepreneurs5 days ago
(Infographic) 9 of the World’s Most Influential Female Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Why Investing in Yourself Is the Best Investment You Can Make
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
5 Ways To Prevent Burnout & Still Be Successful