From his humble origins growing up in Oklahoma to becoming a Hollywood legend, Brad Pitt has made a name for himself from iconic roles in movies such as Fight Club, The Big Short, and Inglorious Basterds. However, he is also known for being a philanthropist and his humble approach to life. Brad Pitt’s name will continue to be recognized internationally as one of the best actors in the world.
Here are some of Brad Pitt’s best quotes:
1. “By nature, I keep moving, man. My theory is, be the shark. You’ve just got to keep moving. You can’t stop.” – Brad Pitt
2. “I find all of my performances come down to mathematics in a sense – how do you approach the problem of this character? Sometimes I crack that problem, sometimes I don’t.” – Brad Pitt
3. “When I received my first paycheck from my now known day job, I spent it on a period Craftsman chair and a Frank Lloyd Wright-wannabe lamp. With my second paycheck, I bought a stereo.” – Brad Pitt
4. “I always liked those moments of epiphany, when you have the next destination.” – Brad Pitt
5. “Success is a beast. And it actually puts the emphasis on the wrong thing. You get away with more instead of looking within.” – Brad Pitt
6. “Heartthrobs are a dime a dozen” – Brad Pitt
7. “Action speaks louder than words.” – Brad Pitt
8. “It’s those difficult times that inform the next wonderful time, and it’s a series of trade-offs, of events, of wins and losses.” – Brad Pitt
9. “You must lose everything in order to gain anything.” – Brad Pitt
10. “At the end of the day if my family need me or if they need anything, I’m there for them.” – Brad Pitt
11. “I’m one of those people you hate because of genetics. It’s the truth.” – Brad Pitt
12. “Happiness is overrated. There has to be conflict in life.” – Brad Pitt
13. “I had a friend who worked at a hospice, and he said people in their final moments don’t discuss their successes, awards or what books they wrote or what they accomplished. They only talk about their loves and their regrets, and I think that’s very telling.” – Brad Pitt
14. “When you see a person, do you just concentrate on their looks? It’s just a first impression. Then there’s someone who doesn’t catch your eye immediately, but you talk to them and they become the most beautiful thing in the world. The greatest actors aren’t what you would call beautiful sex symbols.” – Brad Pitt
15. “Depression is not interesting to watch” – Brad Pitt
16. “What’s valuable to me has become clearer as I’ve got older. To me, it’s about the value of your time and your day and the value of the people you spend it with.” – Brad Pitt
17. “I grew up in Oklahoma and Missouri, and I just loved film. My folks would take us to the drive-in on summer nights, and we’d sit on the hood of the car. I just had this profound love for storytelling.” – Brad Pitt
18. “Where I grew up, we started out in Oklahoma and then moved to Missouri, it was considered hubris to talk about yourself. And the downside of that was that ideas rarely got exchanged, or true feelings.” – Brad Pitt
19. “I always knew I was going somewhere – going out. I just knew. I just knew. I just knew there were a lot more points of view out there.” – Brad Pitt
20. “My training is documented on film.” – Brad Pitt
21. “With sons and father, there’s an inexplicable connection and imprint that your father leaves on you.” – Brad Pitt
22. “I have an adventure every morning.” – Brad Pitt
23. “I tell young guys, don’t make choices because somebody else is telling you it’s good from a career maintenance perspective.” – Brad Pitt
24. “My life has been about big changes.” – Brad Pitt
25. “I’ve always been at war with myself, for right or wrong. I’ve grown quite comfortable with being at war.” – Brad Pitt
26. “I’m satisfied with making true choices.” – Brad Pitt
27. “Just the fact that there is an unknown (in regards to death) and something greater, can bring a feeling of peace. That’s enough for me.” – Brad Pitt
28. “I grew up on certain movies, particular movies that said something to me as a kid from Missouri, movies that showed me places I’d yet traveled, or different cultures, or explained something, or said something in a better way than I could ever say. I wanted to find the movies like that.” – Brad Pitt
29. “My affliction has been… I can make something or draw something or design something better than I can explain it.” – Brad Pitt
30. “I have a hard time with morals. All I know is what feels right, what’s more important to me is being honest about who you are. Morals I get a little hung up on.” – Brad Pitt
31. “When you first get opportunities, suddenly you get surrounded by a lot of people who want to make money off you but also are there to help. But they start telling you so much what you need to be and what you need to do to maintain some idea of career maintenance.” – Brad Pitt
32. “I would say that the directors that I’ve liked the most are all curious in mature – curious thinkers. They’re all big questioners, I would say, first and foremost.” – Brad Pitt
33. “I get enraged when people start telling other people how to live their lives.” – Brad Pitt
34. “I don’t feel restless, I just like to travel.” – Brad Pitt
35. “The latitude and longitudinal lines of where you are born determine your opportunity in life, and it’s not equal. We may have been created equal, but we’re not born equal. It’s a lot to do with luck and you have to pass that on.” – Brad Pitt
36. “I’ve been no stranger to change.” – Brad Pitt
37. “You want to stake your own claim.” – Brad Pitt
38. “In Missouri, where I come from, we don’t talk about what we do, we just do it. If we talk about it, it’s seen as bragging.” – Brad Pitt
39. “Once you get older, you get a little closer to yourself, intimate.” Brad Pitt
40. “We’re mysteries to ourselves.” – Brad Pitt
41. “Seeing the world is the best education you can get. You see sorrow, and you also see great spirit and will to survive.” – Brad Pitt
42. “We’re so complex; we’re mysteries to ourselves; we’re difficult to eachother. And then storytelling reminds us that we’re all the same” – Brad Pitt
43. “You can’t be different for different’s sake, and this doesn’t always work, but you have to separate yourself from the normal read. Of course, it has to be truthful. If it’s not truthful, don’t waste your time.” – Brad Pitt
44. “My father came from a very poor background, but I was very fortunate in the sense that we were never in need. My dad was determined to make sure that we didn’t want for things. He wanted to give us more opportunity than he had, a better shot at a better life.” – Brad Pitt
45. “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends, and I have my family, and I haven’t known life to be any happier.” – Brad Pitt
46. “I am obsessively bent on quality – to an unhealthy degree” – Brad Pitt
47. “I’m a bit of a loner, you know? I’m more quiet by nature. And coming from, you know, hillbilly country, I’m probably more reserved” – Brad Pitt
48. “There are no hallmark cards that define the next chapter, or value of a history together” – Brad Pitt
49. “I’m actually very snobbish about directors. I have to say no all the time. No is the most powerful word in our business. You’ve got to protect yourself.” – Brad Pitt
51. “In some ways, I’m still a kid from Missouri and Oklahoma, and I’m trying to find my way.” – Brad Pitt
52. “I start asking a lot of questions about my own life, and it’s not necessarily fun, but it’s a good exercise.” – Brad Pitt
53. “I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me.” – Brad Pitt
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
Do Not Let Fear Beat You: 6 Ways to Boost Your Courage Right Now
5 Ways to Supercharge Your Teams Motivation With Mindfulness
8 Life Changing Benefits of Journaling Daily
5 Quick Ways to Combat Stress as an Entrepreneur
5 Effective Tricks Successful Entrepreneurs Use in Their Business Negotiations
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
7 Ways to Make Yourself Better at Managing Your Money
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
The Daily Routines of 35 Wildly Successful Women Throughout History
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
A Salesman’s Guide to Everyday Conversation With Strangers
- Motivation3 weeks ago
How Positive Self-Talk Boosts Motivation and Productivity
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
4 Things You Should Do if Your Drive for Success is Taking a Toll on Your Mental Health
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
Embrace a Growth Mindset to Achieve an Infinite Amount of Success
- Entrepreneurs4 weeks ago
5 Secrets to Building a Strong and Dominant Sales Team
- Life3 weeks ago
3 Keys to Getting the Results You Want in Life