37 Positive Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
Robert Downey Jr. is one of the highest paid and most celebrated actors of our time. However, he spent much of his life overcoming drug addiction and alcoholism before breaking out into the iconic roles that we know and recognize him for today. Downey credits much of his success to staying humble, positive thinking, and always giving back.
Here are 37 of Robert Downey Jr’s most positive quotes:
1. “I know very little about acting. I’m just an incredibly gifted faker” – Robert Downey Jr.
2. “The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven” – Robert Downey Jr.
3. “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there” – Robert Downey Jr.
4. “There is unpanned gold in every soul you run into, no matter what walk of life they are from” – Robert Downey Jr.
5. “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me” – Robert Downey Jr.
6. “There’s somewhere you’re suppoused to go, and if you get quiet enough, you’ll make it” – Robert Downey Jr.
7. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f*&k you were gonna do anyway” – Robert Downey Jr.
8. “I used to be so convinced that happiness was the goal, yet all those years I was chasing after it I was unhappy in the pursuit. Maybe the goal really should be a life that values honor, duty, good work, friends and family.” – Robert Downey Jr.
9. “People rise out of the ashes, because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds” – Robert Downey Jr.
10. “There’s a little bit of asshole in every nice guy, and there’s a little bit of genius in every moron” – Robert Downey Jr.
11. “I’ve always felt that if you’re not on your side, why should anyone else be. So I always encourage people to be confident, and sometime even a little falsely so, just so you can give yourself an opportunity” – Robert Downey Jr.
12. “I’ve always felt like an outsider in this industry. Because I’m so insane I guess” – Robert Downey Jr.
13. “I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do” – Robert Downey Jr.
14. “To me, friendship means loving tolerance” – Robert Downey Jr.
15. “Nothing will serve you better than a strong work ethic. Nothing. And it’s something that you can’t teach. You have to be thrown into it, where you’re going to sink or swim. It’s amazing how self-correcting and how clarifying a good, hard, shitty job can be. Because at the end of the day, any profession I’ve seen anybody in, when you peer behind the curtains of ‘Oh, wouldn’t that be a great job? Wow, what an amazing thing, a philanthropic endeavor!’ it really just comes down to ‘It’s a f**king grind.’” – Robert Downey Jr.
16. “I want to give myself the freedom not to have to be projecting my whole life ahead” – Robert Downey Jr.
17. “It’s really not that difficult to overcome these seemingly ghastly problems…what’s hard is to decide” – Robert Downey Jr.
18. “People never change because they are under threat or under duress. Never. They change because they see something that makes their life seem valuable enough to start moving toward a life worth living” – Robert Downey Jr.
19. “Life is just so painful and messy and hard and worth it and all that stuff” – Robert Downey Jr.
20. “I think that we all do heroic things, but her is not a noun, it’s a verb” – Robert Downey Jr.
21. “Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest” – Robert Downey Jr.
22. “I understand reversal of fortune; that usually has come through my own hand, but you know, you live life on life’s terms” – Robert Downey Jr.
23. “I just think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” – Robert Downey Jr.
24. “The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be” – Robert Downey Jr.
25. “Everyone has a story, and the story changes, and the more I can root into the truth of things – it’s so hard – I don’t think anyone ever really puts it all together. But somewhere along the way it all became fused” – Robert Downey Jr.
26. “I think it’s miraculous that anybody survives themselves” – Robert Downey Jr.
27. “It’s hard to get out of the barrel. It’s slippery around the edges and people are happy to see you fall back in” – Robert Downey Jr.
28. “Job one is to get out of that cave. A lot of people do get out but don’t change” – Robert Downey Jr.
29. “Look, even bad years are pretty good years I think” – Robert Downey Jr.
30. “I think you end up doing the stuff you were supposed to do at the time you were supposed to do it” – Robert Downey Jr.
31. “I’ve noticed that worrying is like praying for you don’t want to happen” – Robert Downey Jr.
32. “Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough” – Robert Downey Jr.
33. “Nothings a break for me. Not even the breaks are breaks” – Robert Downey Jr.
34. “Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.” – Robert Downey Jr.
35. “Whenever I watch someone doing something, even if it doesn’t turn out so great, I at least admire their intentions and stuff” – Robert Downey Jr.
36. “I always think part of success is being able to replicate results, taking what is interesting or viable about yourself as a professional person and seeing if you bring it into different situations with similar results” – Robert Downey Jr.
37. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you the confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done” – Robert Downey Jr.
Which RDJ quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!
10x Powerful Grant Cardone Quotes That Have Changed My Life
Ten powerful quotes by Grant Cardone have profoundly impacted my life and helped me achieve my goals
Grant Cardone is a renowned entrepreneur, motivational speaker, Real Estate mogul, and author known for his powerful and inspiring quotes that have impacted the lives of millions of people. In this article, we will delve into the top 10 quotes that have had a profound impact on my life and the lives of others. (more…)
80 Inspirational Quotes About Purpose to Fuel Your Passion
If you’re seeking inspiration and motivation to discover your purpose in life, look no further than these purpose quotes. Finding your purpose can be a challenging and daunting task, but it’s a crucial step towards living a fulfilling life. These quotes provide wisdom and insight into the importance of purpose and how to pursue it.
Whether you’re feeling lost or searching for direction, these purpose quotes can provide clarity and guidance. From famous philosophers and authors to modern-day thought leaders, these quotes offer a diverse range of perspectives on purpose.
Take some time to reflect on these purpose quotes and consider how they resonate with your own journey. Remember that discovering your purpose is a personal and unique experience, but these quotes can serve as a source of encouragement and inspiration along the way.
So, if you’re ready to unlock the power of purpose in your life, start by exploring these insightful purpose quotes. With determination, focus, and a positive mindset, you can discover your purpose and live the life you’ve always dreamed of.
Here are 80 Inspirational Quotes about Purpose
1. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
3. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Your purpose is not just a job or a career, it’s a calling from God that inspires you to make a difference in the world.” – Joel Brown
5. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
6. “The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.” – Robert F. Kennedy
7. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
8. “Your purpose in life is to use your unique gifts and talents to make a positive impact on the world around you.” – Sir Ken Robinson
9. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
10. “The purpose of life is to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect.” – Unknown
12. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
13. “Your purpose in life is to use your gifts and passions to help others, and in doing so, find joy and fulfillment for yourself.” – Unknown
14. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
15. “The purpose of life is to find your voice and inspire others to find theirs.” – Stephen Covey
16. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
17. “Your purpose in life is to create something that outlasts you.” – Matthew McConaughey
18. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “The purpose of life is to find your own way, and to find your own path, and to follow it.” – Unknown
20. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
21. “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
22. “The purpose of life is to make your heart sing and your soul dance.” – Unknown
23. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
24. “The purpose of life is to be a light to others, to show them the way, and to help them find their own path.” – Unknown
25. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
26. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
27. “The purpose of life is to find your passion and pursue it. – Unknown
28. “You were born with a purpose. You have something to offer the world that no one else can.” – Marie Forleo
29. “Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.” – Ryan Blair
30. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “The meaning of life is to give life meaning.” – Ken Hudgins
32. “The purpose of life is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “Your purpose in life is to find your voice and give it a voice.” – Stephen Covey
34. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
35. “Your purpose in life is to find your own path, and to follow it, no matter what anyone else says.” – Unknown
36. “When you find your purpose, everything else falls into place.” – Frida
37. “Your purpose is not to impress others, but to express yourself.” – Unknown
38. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
39. “Find your purpose, and then give your whole heart to it.” – Unknown
40. “You have a purpose in life. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.” – Unknown
41. “Purpose is the reason you are here. Passion is what makes you stay.” – Michael Jordan
42. “The purpose of life is to create, to give, to love, and to leave a legacy.” – Unknown
43. “The purpose of life is not to be perfect, but to be authentic.” – Unknown
44. “Your purpose is to live the life that is right for you, not the life that others expect of you.” – Kobe Bryant
45. “Your purpose in life is to make a positive difference in the world, no matter how small.” – Richard Branson
46. “The purpose of life is to find truth, and to live it, no matter what.” – Joel Brown
47. “Your purpose in life is to create a life that you love, and to share that love with others.” – Unknown
48. “Your purpose in life is not to be successful, but to live a meaningful life that aligns with your values and passions.” – Unknown
49. “Finding your purpose is a journey, not a destination.” – Unknown
50. “The purpose of life is to use your gifts and talents to make the world a better place.” – Dwayne Johnson
51. “The purpose of life is to be yourself, and to express yourself fully in the world.” – Unknown
52. “Your purpose in life is to live with intention, to pursue your passions, and to make a positive impact on the world.” – Unknown
53. “Your purpose in life is not just to exist, but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
54. “The purpose of life is to grow, to learn, to evolve, and to become the best version of yourself.” – Unknown
55. “Your purpose in life is to live a life that is true to yourself, and that inspires others to do the same.” – Unknown
56. “The purpose of life is to find joy in the journey, and to create a life that brings you happiness and fulfillment.” – Dwight Howard
57. “Your purpose in life is to make a difference in the lives of others, to be of service, and to contribute to the greater good.” – Myles Munroe
58. “The purpose of life is to discover your own path, and to have the courage to follow it, no matter where it leads.” – Jay Shetty
59. “Your purpose in life is to be the best version of yourself, and to inspire others to do the same.” – Unknown
60. “The purpose of life is to create something that will outlast us, to leave a positive impact on the world, and to make a difference in the lives of others.” – Elon Musk
61. “Your purpose in life is to embrace your unique gifts and talents, and to use them to create a life that is truly your own.” – Unknown
62. “The purpose of life is to seek out new experiences, to learn, to grow, and to find meaning in every moment.” – Unknown
63. “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.” – Myles Munroe
64. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
65. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
66. “You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.” – Stephen C. Hogan, author and entrepreneur
67. “When you have a strong enough why, you can tolerate any how.” – Tony Robbins
68. “Purpose is not a destination, it’s a journey. It’s not something you find, it’s something you create.” – Evan Carmichael
69. “If you are not passionate about it, forget it.” – Jerry Greenfield, co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s
70. “You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.” – Rick Warren
Here are some of my most shared quotes about purpose:
1. “Without purpose, you’re like a ship without a rudder, drifting into the abyss, never reaching your destination.” – Joel Brown
2. “Purpose is the compass that will guide you on your journey to greatness.” – Joel Brown
3. “Purpose is not just a destination, it’s a journey, a process of self-discovery and growth.” – Joel Brown
4. “The most successful people in the world have a clear sense of purpose, a burning desire to achieve their dreams.” – Joel Brown
5. “Your purpose is your passion, the thing that makes you come alive and gives your life meaning.” – Joel Brown
6. “Purpose gives you the courage to take risks, to try new things, to step outside of your comfort zone.” – Joel Brown
7. “The key to unlocking your full potential is to discover your God given purpose, and then pursue it with all your heart.” – Joel Brown
8. “When you have a strong sense of purpose, you can overcome any obstacle and achieve anything you set your mind to.” – Joel Brown
9. “Your purpose is not just about what you do, it’s about who you are and what you stand for.” – Joel Brown
10. “Purpose is the driving force behind all great achievements. When you have a clear sense of purpose, nothing can stop you.” – Joel Brown
Read more success & entrepreneurship lessons from the founder of Addicted2Success Joel Brown
Which quote is your favorite quote about Purpose? Leave a comment below.
51 Legendary Elvis Presley Quotes
Elvis Presley’s words of wisdom through these quotes continue to inspire us to chase our dreams and never give up on our ambitions.
Elvis Presley was a true artist who believed in the power of hard work and dedication.
Let us take a cue from the King of Rock and Roll and let Elvis Presley’s quotes guide you to be the best version of yourself.
Here are 51 Inspirational Elvis Presley Quotes:
1. “I’m not trying to prove anything with my music” – Elvis Presley
2. “I don’t want to be a figurehead, I just want to be an instrument of God” – Elvis Presley
3. “I don’t want to be just a memory” – Elvis Presley
4. “A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It’s my favorite part of the business, live concerts.” – Elvis Presley
5. “I’m just a simple country boy at heart.” – Elvis Presley
6. “My work is my life, I put everything I am into it” – Elvis Presley
7. “I’m just trying to do the best I can” – Elvis Presley
8. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
9. “I’m just an ordinary person who has become a king” – Elvis Presley
10. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
11. “I’m the king of rock and roll, but I didn’t invent it” – Elvis Presley
12. “I’m not trying to be sexy. It’s just my way of expressing myself when I move around.” – Elvis Presley
13. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
14. “I’m just an entertainer, that’s all.” – Elvis Presley
15. “I try to give my audience a little of what they came for, a little of what they didn’t expect.” – Elvis Presley
16. “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning… Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Elvis Presley
17. “The only thing that can change my mind is a better idea.” – Elvis Presley
18. “I don’t think I have ever been as relaxed on stage as I am now.” – Elvis Presley
19. “I’m just a simple country boy at heart.” – Elvis Presley
20. “I just want to be remembered as a good performer.” – Elvis Presley
21. “I’ve left my mark, and I hope it’s a good one” – Elvis Presley
22. “If you can’t find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.” – Elvis Presley
23. “I’m not a politician. I’m just an entertainer” – Elvis Presley
24. “I’m a one-man army” – Elvis Presley
25. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I’m definitely an individual.” – Elvis Presley
Here’s an Elvis Presley Picture Quote
26. “I’m just an ordinary person who has become a king.” – Elvis Presley
27. “I’m not trying to prove anything with my music.” – Elvis Presley
28. “I don’t want to be a figurehead, I just want to be an instrument of God.” – Elvis Presley
29. “I don’t want to be just a memory.” – Elvis Presley
30. “I’m just trying to do the best I can.” – Elvis Presley
31. “I’m not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well.” – Elvis Presley
32. “I’m the first one to say I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I’ve also had a lot of successes.” – Elvis Presley
33. “I’m always looking for new ways to express myself and push the boundaries of what I can do.” – Elvis Presley
34. “I’m not afraid to take risks and try new things, even if it means going against the norm.” – Elvis Presley
35. “I’m not just a singer, I’m an entertainer. I want to give my audience a show they’ll never forget.” – Elvis Presley
36. “I’m not in the music business for the fame or the money, I’m in it because I love it.” – Elvis Presley
37. “I’m not just a musician, I’m a storyteller. I want to take my audience on a journey through my songs.” – Elvis Presley
38. “I don’t believe in being a one-hit wonder. I want to have a long and successful career.” – Elvis Presley
39. “I’m not just a performer, I’m a student of music. I’m always learning and growing as an artist.” – Elvis Presley
40. “I’m not just a singer, I’m a performer. I want to give my audience an experience they’ll never forget.” – Elvis Presley
41. “Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.” – Elvis Presley
42. “Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn’t do anything but just jiggle.” – Elvis Presley
43. “…the image is one thing and the human being is another…it’s very hard to live up to an image.” – Elvis Presley
44. “I ain’t no saint, but I’ve tried never to do anything that would hurt my family or offend God…I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world.” – Elvis Presley
45. “Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes.” – Elvis Presley
46. “When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times…I learned very early in life that: ‘Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend – without a song.’ So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.” – Elvis Presley
47. “A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It’s my favorite part of the business – live concerts.” – Elvis Presley
48. “The first time that I appeared on stage, it scared me to death. I really didn’t know what all the yelling was about. I didn’t realize that my body was moving. It’s a natural thing to me. So to the manager backstage I said, ‘What’d I do? What’d I do?’ And he said “Whatever it is, go back and do it again.” – Elvis Presley
49. “We do two shows a night for five weeks. A lotta times we’ll go upstairs and sing until daylight – gospel songs. We grew up with it…It more or less puts your mind at ease. It does mine.” – Elvis Presley
50. “I’ve never gotten over what they call stagefright. I go through it every show. I’m pretty concerned, I’m pretty much thinking about the show. I never get completely comfortable with it, and I don’t let the people around me get comfortable with it, in that I remind them that it’s a new crowd out there, it’s a new audience, and they haven’t seen us before. So it’s got to be like the first time we go on.” – Elvis Presley
51. “‘Til we meet again, may God bless you. Adios.” – Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley’s legacy lives on as a true icon of music and entertainment:
He left an indelible mark on the world with his unique style and undeniable talent. Elvis broke barriers and set the standard for generations to come, and his influence can still be felt in music today. He truly was the King of Rock and Roll, and his legacy will continue to inspire for many years to come.
What’s your favorite Elvis Presley quote? Share it with us below!
108 Inspirational Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Never Give Up
Over the past few years, it seems like the world is falling to pieces. There’s been COVID, wars, mass layoffs, and depression is at an all time high. During these times, it’s hard to stay strong. It can also feel like giving up is our only option. The reason why we think like this is because we end up focusing on things we cannot control, instead of on the things we can control. (more…)
How to Bounce Back From a Crisis and Become a Better You
There’s Only One Thing You Need for Success
How to Use Small Wins to Build Momentum for Success
How to Acquire Emotional Intelligence and Why It Matters
How to Unleash Your Full Potential and Live Your Extraordinary Life
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Life4 weeks ago
How to Level Up Your Productivity With One Simple Change
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
How to Handle Difficult People With Soft Skills
Mindset Evolution Blueprints4 weeks ago
4 Key Factors to Determining Ultimate Success
Life4 weeks ago
Top Gun Thinking: How a Combat Pilot Makes Important Decisions
Mindset Evolution Blueprints3 weeks ago
5 Easy Ways to Find Motivation When You’re Feeling Stuck
Life2 weeks ago
How to Unleash Your Full Potential and Live Your Extraordinary Life
Life2 weeks ago
How to Start Your Day Relaxed
Quotes2 weeks ago
10x Powerful Grant Cardone Quotes That Have Changed My Life