Ingvar Kamprad, is the Swedish business magnet and founder of Ikea who was once ranked the eighth richest man in the world with a networth around $43.2 billion dollars. He gave a lot of his money away and last time Forbes checked in with Ingvar his networth was estimated to be around $6 Billion.
He is often criticised because he cares for the environment and would rather catch public transport to and from work each day. The critics don’t get to Ingvar though, he can sleep at night knowing that he is making a difference and is not just in it for the money.
Ingvar Kamprad shares 36 quotes on simplicity, enthusiasm and frugality.
1. “Only those who are asleep make no mistakes.” – Ingvar Kamprad
2. “I could have an office all to myself but since my collaborators don’t have one, then I too am contented to have a desk in a shared room.” – Ingvar Kamprad
3. “What is good for our customers is also in the long run good for us.” – Ingvar Kamprad
4. “Making mistakes is the privilege of the active. It is always the mediocre people who are negative, who spend their time proving that they were not wrong.” – Ingvar Kamprad
5. “People say I am cheap, and I don’t mind if they do.” – Ingvar Kamprad
6. “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary” – Ingvar Kamprad
7. “I’m stingy and I’m proud of the reputation.” – Ingvar Kamprad
8. “I’m not afraid of turning 80 and I have lots of things to do. I don’t have time for dying.” – Ingvar Kamprad
9. “Ten minutes are not just one-sixth of your hourly pay; ten minutes is a piece of yourself. Divide yourself into ten units and sacrifice as few of them as possible in meaningless activities. Most things still remain to be done.” – Ingvar Kamprad
10. “It is our duty to expand. Those who cannot or will not join us are to be pitied.” – Ingvar Kamprad
11. “Time is your most important resource. You can do so much in ten minutes. Ten minutes; once gone is gone for good.” – Ingvar Kamprad
12. “Creativity and believing in your work is absolutely a necessary part of success.” – Ingvar Kamprad
13. “IKEA is not completely perfect. It irritates me to hear it said that IKEA is the best company in the world. We are going the right way to becoming it but we are not there yet.” – Ingvar Kamprad
14. “I’m a bit tight with money, but so what? I look at the money I’m about to spend on myself and ask myself if IKEA’s customers can afford it… I could regularly travel first class, but having money in abundance doesn’t seem like a good reason to waste it.” – Ingvar Kamprad
15. “Everything we earn we need as a reserve.” – Ingvar Kamprad
16. “The IKEA spirit is strong and living reality. Simplicity in our behavior gives us strength. Simplicity and humbleness characterize us in our relations with each others, our suppliers and our customers.” – Ingvar Kamprad
17. “If there is such a thing as good leadership, it is to give a good example. I have to do so for all the IKEA employees.” – Ingvar Kamprad
18. “Simplicity and common sense should characterize planning and strategic direction.” – Ingvar Kamprad
19. “Happiness is not reaching your goal. Happiness is being on the way.” – Ingvar Kamprad
20. “Simple routine have a greater impact. It is not just to cut costs that we avoid luxury hotels. We do not need fancy cars, posh titles, tailor made uniforms or other status symbols.” – Ingvar Kamprad
21. “How can I ask people who work for me to travel cheaply if I am traveling in luxury?” – Ingvar Kamprad
22. “We have to still develop the IKEA group. We need many billions of Swiss francs to take on China or Russia. Making mistakes is the privilege of the active – of those who can correct their mistakes and put them right.” – Ingvar Kamprad
24. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” – Ingvar Kamprad
25. “If you want to maximize results, it’s not enough to simply preach – you have to set a good example. I am very proud to follow the rules of our company.” – Ingvar Kamprad
26. “It is better to be a bit stingy than throw money out of the window.” – Ingvar Kamprad
27. “A company that feels it has reached its goal will quickly stagnate and lose its vitality.” – Ingvar Kamprad
28. “The feeling of having finished something is an effective sleeping pill. A person who retires feeling that he has done his bit will quickly wither away.” – Ingvar Kamprad
29. “I know that, if need be, there are those who correct my mistakes. If you only knew how many of them I’ve made.” – Ingvar Kamprad
30. “To do business with a clear conscience is an attitude that pays. We have to find more time for ourselves and to regain respect for the environment in which we live.” – Ingvar Kamprad
31. “A better everyday life means getting away from status and conventions — being freer and more at ease as human beings.” – Ingvar Kamprad
32. “We still have a long way to go—or as I have written so many times, and said at the end of hundreds of speeches: We are just at the beginning. A glorious future!” – Ingvar Kamprad
33. “We ought to have more women in various management positions, because women are the ones who decide almost everything in the home.” – Ingvar Kamprad
34. “Our idea is to serve everybody, including people with little money.” – Ingvar Kamprad
35. “Being humble isn’t the same as keeping a low profile. If you have something important to say, say it. Being humble means admitting your weaknesses, and trying to put them right.” – Ingvar Kamprad
36. “We claim that we don’t need status symbols. What we really mean by that is that setting a good example should be the manager’s most persuasive quality.” – Ingvar Kamprad
What was your favourite Ingvar Kamprad Quote? Leave the quote in the comments section below.
25 Empowering Quotes About Diversity From Influential Leaders
In today’s society, we are often told that diversity is a good thing. However, many don’t know what it actually means to be diverse. Diversity is the word used to describe any group of people who are different from one another and share some common ground. The definition can be broadened even further and include things like age, culture, race or ethnicity, etc., but for now, let’s stick with the basics. We live in a world where there is more than one type of person so when you talk about diversity, you’re referring to differences in attitudes and opinions as well as appearance. (more…)
30 Most Famous Quotes of All Time to Motivate You
It seems in the last decade or so, motivational quotes and inspirational quotes are front and center on Facebook and Instagram feeds. It’s no wonder why. They really do have that impactful kick to make you get up and do stuff!
I know for me, it was all these quotes that I kept reading that:
- pushed me out of my comfort zone
- gave me courage to smash goals
- helped me believe in myself
- soothed my broken heart sometimes
- helped me out of rock bottom, and
- kept me strong in times of trouble
Legends like Les Brown, Joel Brown and Tony Robbins motivated the crap out of me. I stayed strong and focused because of their powerful words. I mean, they did quote all these inspirational words to motivate us, no?
Of course they did. So I’ve searched high and low for the best and most empowering famous quotes of all time in hopes they inspire you like they did me.
Do quotes really help?
The answer is yes and no. No they won’t work if you read them, brush them off and never feel the power of their words.
Yes they will work if you make them work for you and you want them too. Quotes are like affirmations. Many of us recant affirmations either as part of our morning routine, evening routine or just whenever we need a boost.
When you read them and repeat them out loud and feel each and every word in every ounce of your being, they work!! Besides, I’m living proof they help. Empowering quotes have helped me out of rock bottom twice, depression a few times, and helped me smash and achieve goals.
So yes, they work. And these most famous quotes I’ve chosen are famous for a reason. They have inspired, motivated and empowered millions of people around the world to chase their dreams, believe in themselves and never give up.
Without further ado…
10 famous quotes on taking action and not giving up
1. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~Walt Disney
2. Anybody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. ~Jen Sincero
3. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you’re right. ~Henry Ford
4. The woman I am today would like to thank the woman I was 5 years ago for not giving up. You’re awesome. ~Iva Ursano
5. I’ll try is the battle cry of wimps. ~Tony Robbins
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
7. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa
8. Those who dare to fail miserably, can achieve greatly. ~John Kennedy
10. I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time. ~Brené Brown
10 famous quotes on life
11. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
12. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
13. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
14. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
15. Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place. ~Les Brown
16. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
17. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. ~Paulo Coelho
18. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~Franklin D.Roosevelt
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill
20. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~George Bernard Shaw
10 famous quotes on success
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~Mark Twain
23. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~Martin Luther King Jr
24. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. ~Nelson Mandela
25. If you surround yourself with positive people who build you up, the sky’s the limit. ~Joel Brown
26. Tough times never last but tough people do. ~Robert H. Schuller
27. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. ~Wayne Gretzky
28. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
29. I have not failed. I just found 10,000 that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
30. Often our most rewarding dreams are staring us right in the face but for some reason we focus on how hard things are, how we are scared of the unknown and what would happen if we failed. ~Joel Brown
Write them out!
I always tell people to write that out and stick it in a place you will see it and read it everyday. That’s how quotes work.
My favourite famous quote of all time and one you should read over and over again, Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you’re right. Read that when self doubt creeps in.
7 Quotes Every High Achiever Must Remember
Since the pandemic started, I have struggled both professionally and personally. When I am not in the mood to read a book, an article or watch a motivational video, I turn to inspirational quotes. They are usually concise, insightful and they always provide me with the instant morale boost I crave. (more…)
40 Inspirational Quotes on Victory That Will Motivate You to Win
Who doesn’t love to win? Victory gives a heroic feeling that allows winners to appear at the top after all of the hours of hard work, dedication and discipline. And everyone looks up to them, from the athletes we adore to the hard-working entrepreneurs we admire. (more…)
How Your Friends Determine Whether You Succeed or Not
The 3 Step Process to Building a Profitable Pitch
The 4 Pillars of Wealth and Abundance
Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Have a Podcast, Youtube Channel or Online Show
8 Actionable Ways to Get Your Startup’s First 100 Customers
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Success Advice1 week ago
Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Have a Podcast, Youtube Channel or Online Show
- Life4 weeks ago
The 3 Most Important Things I Learned About Personal Growth
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
7 of the Biggest Enemies Stopping You From Success
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
10 Habits of Successful People: How to Become Successful Yourself
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
How to Build a 7-Figure Business: Early-Stage Planning
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
A Better Framework to Make Smart Decisions
- Life3 weeks ago
Knowing Your Message vs Delivering Your Message
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
Empathy Can Be the Number One Growth Catalyst for Your Business