News

In Memory of The Amazing Zig Ziglar

Let’s reflect on Zig Ziglar’s amazing life and the advice he left behind.

A motivational giant has passed…. On November 28th, 2012, at the age of 86, Zig Ziglar died due to complications suffered from a bout of pneumonia.

R.I.P Zig Ziglar, few men leave their mark upon mankind as this man, who proved through his own life that “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

The Wonderful Life Of Zig Ziglar

Zig, or H.H. (Hilary Hinton) Ziglar was no stranger to adversities, obstacles, and other stumbling blocks that might have discouraged a lesser man. He viewed hard times, not as horrid events to be avoided, but as challenges to be seized and capitalized upon.

It is quite possible, probable even, that Mr. Ziglar learned this philosophy from his mother. Widowed unexpectedly as a young mother of 12 children, in the lean and difficult era of The Great Depression, Lila Wescott Ziglar imparted to her children the values of hard work, gratitude for even the smallest measure of material goods, and a positive attitude throughout.

Zig, who later referred to his mother as “a remarkable woman“, may not have realized his innate ability to motivate others until he began working in sales. His superiors soon recognized the rare ability possessed by this young man, to influence others. He soon found himself working as an intra-office salesman, motivating the sales staff to be the best that they could be, in order to succeed in their careers. It was in this foray that he discovered that “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”, And he did.

zig ziglar see you at the topZig Ziglar went on to expound upon his newly found love of motivating others. Zig’s first book, “See You At The Top“, was rejected 39 times before being published in 1975 by Pelican Publishing Company. He went on to write and publish more than two dozen additional best-selling books.

In addition to his success as a motivational author, Zig Ziglar’s gift for motivational speaking earned him top billing as one of the world’s best life coaches, encouragers, teachers, and philanthropists. He was inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame, which is sponsored by the National Speakers Association, and which is no small or easy achievement. In addition to this, Mr. Ziglar was also honored with a lifetime member award from the NSA, a designation enjoyed by a total of only ten people.

His diligence in working to help keep America’s youth safe from drugs, as well as his campaign to preserve America’s system of free enterprise earned him three distinguished inclusions in the Congressional Record of the United States.

Zig Ziglar was also awarded the following honors from the National Speakers Association during his lifetime:

-The Master of Influence Award

-The Cavett Award (most honored award to be bestowed by the National Speakers Association)

Additionally, Mr. Ziglar was honored to receive the Silver Buffalo Award from the Boy Scouts of America. This award, of which none is higher in the Boy Scouts organization, recognizes exemplary and outstanding work by individuals towards helping the youth of America. Zig Ziglar shared this distinction with such notables as Norman Rockwell, Walt Disney, and a number of U.S. Presidents.

Zig Ziglar – Attitude Makes All The Difference

Even with such notable awards, honors, and in-demand status for speaking engagements, Zig Ziglar never lost his penchant for humility, helping others, and enjoying the most basic gifts of life. He frequently appeared on television news programs to impart motivating wisdom, or to help aid the country in keeping a positive perspective in tough times.

zig ziglars daughter julie ziglar

Zig further exemplified success through obstacles when, in 2007, he suffered a horrendous fall down a steep flight of stairs. This fall resulted in a brain injury that caused his short-term memory to suffer ill effects; however, in typical Zig fashion, he assessed the situation and determined how to turn this opportunity into success. His daughter began accompanying him on his speaking engagements and public appearances to assist him when his short-term memory failed. And Zig continued on his quest to motivate, inspire, and encourage.

Besides his books, and his general engaging personality, there is another facet to Zig Ziglar that gives him a touch of immortality where his body could not – in his wonderful and inspiring quotes.

No tribute to Zig Ziglar would be complete without including these gems of truth and wisdom as only Zig could provide:

Zig Ziglar Quotes To Live By

zig ziglar quote

“If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar

““Happiness is not pleasure, it is victory.” – Zig Ziglar

“The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now” ― Zig Ziglar

“Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude. – Zig Ziglar

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar

R.I.P Zig Ziglar – the world today is definitely a better place because you were once in it.

Zig Ziglar Picture Quote

Article By Joel Brown | Addicted2Success.com

1. it recruitment Manchester

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Awesome blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums that cover
    the same topics talked about here? I’d really love to be a part of
    community where I can get responses from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.

If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!

2. Money

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Good way of describing, and pleasant piece of writing to get
    facts regarding my presentation topic, which i am
    going to convey in college.

3. Fun

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:55 pm

I read this paragraph completely regarding the comparison of hottest
    and previous technologies, it’s remarkable article.

4. crankshaft.co

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumble upon everyday.

It’s always interesting to read through articles from other authors and use something from other web sites.

5. Maya

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:31 am

I have learned a lot from Zip Zaglar myself. Always fresh.

6. ehijiator smart williams

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I AV REALLY BENEFITED FROM THE QUOTES AND TEACHING OF ZIG ZIGLAR. THANK U SO MUCH

7. Shelley

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:36 am

Zig Ziglar was definitely one of the greatest influences on sales/marketing professionals of our time…

WAHM Shelley… 🙂

8. Sam Hart

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:56 am

I’m sure Zig is in God’s every lasting arms! I listen to Zig all the time on my ipod; very inspiring man with a cool voice and a kind heart… God Bless

9. Karna

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Thanks for sharing – I loved this guy too. He was always a riot and a gentleman. A king of story telling. What a gift:)

10. Martin Muriuki

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:03 am

Zig Ziglar , you inspired me through your book …See you at the top.

Thanks for being a blessing.

11. vodoinstalater novi beograd

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Generally I don’t learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great article.

12. Steve Wardrip

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:14 am

Zig Ziglar has advanced once again, still showing us the way to accomplishment, advancement and achievement. Thank you Zig. You’ve still got it!

13. Karl Tingling

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Secrets of the Sale did it for me -I have the book and I have the tape collection.R.I.P Zig and remember folks death is not the end its just a change.

14. Michelle Sears

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Joel thanks for sharing the life of Zig in this post. I had no idea he passed away. He was a great mentor of mine and many others and he will be greatly missed. We are so fortunate that he took what he was passionate about and recorded it. His legacy will live on for generations to come because his motivational advice is timeless. Thanks Zig for always motivating me to take the next step in my life.

15. Paul Johansen

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thanks for Reminding me about how much I owe Zig Ziglar…
    … The world will miss him but his books and recordings will live on.

16. KarenYvonne

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I love Zig Ziglar. He has been such a huge influence on my life as well!

17. Deji R Yusuf

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Wow…I really miss this great man!
    I am actually weeping right now…that’s how much he have torched my life.
    Thanks for this amazing post sir!

News

The Top 21 Richest Celebrity Couples In The World

Jay-Z Beyonce richest couple

This years list of the worlds richest celebrity couples is pretty impressive. With a collective net worth of $4.1 Billion between these 21 cashed up couples there is more than enough money for them to buy a few Ambani skyscraper homes and all move in together. (more…)

News

Think & Grow Rich: The Legacy Film

Think-&-Grow-Rich-The-Legacy-Movie

We have some incredible news for you. For the first time in history, the Napoleon Hill Foundation has granted exclusive rights to Think Rich Films to transform the book, Think and Grow Rich, into a motion picture film, one that will impact another 100 million lives worldwide.

I am excited to announce that I will be featuring in this film alongside Bob Proctor, Lewis Howes, Rob Dyrdek, Barbara Corcoran, Grant Cardone, Darren Hardy, John Lee Dumas and many more incredible thought leaders.

Here’s the new teaser trailer for the film:

As true fans of Think and Grow Rich, we worked for over 3 years, pouring our hearts and souls into creating a film that is a pure representation of the Legacy of this life changing literary masterpiece.

Our guiding light along the way was to remain true to the content and in doing so spark the flame that will ignite a global movement with a powerful message.

The message is that anyone can succeed irrespective of their circumstances. Human potential is not  predicated by age, race, gender, education, finance or any other perceived disadvantages.

Join us in Los Angeles on October 14, 2017 for the historical World Premier of Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy a film based on Napoleon Hill’s best selling book, Think and Grow Rich.

Join Us For The Premiere

Saturday October 14, 2017 at Regal L.A. LIVE: A Barco Innovation Center

Location: 1000 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90015

Red Carpet: 5:30pm – 6:00pm

Film Kick Off with Producers & Director: 6:20pm – 6:30pm

Film Showing: 6:30pm – 8:00pm

Q & A with Cast: 8:00pm – 8:30pm

PLUS… a panel discussion with the cast hosted by Gerard Adams

Attire: Formal/Semi Formal
VIP Private After Party Katsuya at L.A. LIVE: 9:00pm to Midnight

This exclusive VIP event following the Premiere will be private to cast members, producers, director and key individuals who made this film possible.

Hors d’oeuvres & Beverages will be provided and hosted by Katsuya.

Click the button above and scroll to the bottom of the next page to get your General or VIP tickets

The heartbeat of Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy

think & grow rich

A glimpse of what you will see..

A glimpse of what you will see.. “Faith is going to give you the ability to continue through the highs and lows…” – Rob Dyrdek

“I remember being 24, new in business and being stopped dead reading the book…” – Barbara Corcoran

“Follow your dreams! Whether you achieve them or not is irrelevant…” – Lewis Howes

News

The Top 10 Highest Paid Music Artists In The World

The Top 10 Highest Paid Music Artists In The World

Forbes has just put out the list for highest paid musicians for 2015.

These music artists have created some very catchy yet inspiring songs this year. Music is the one thing that creates an “escape” for most people. It can inspire you, make you happy, pick you up when you’re down, etc. (more…)

News

The Top 50 Highest Paid Celebrities of 2015

The Top 50 Highest Paid Celebrities of 2015

Forbes ranked the most successful celebrities of 2015! The list is quite stunning!

From movie actors and actresses to pro athletes, this list has definitely brought together some of the most inspirational people in the entertainment world today. (more…)