If you’d like to learn how to stay motivated so you can find success in multiple areas of your life, sign up for the free 90-Day Master Class hosted by the founder of Addicted2Success.com, Joel Brown.
How many times have you enthusiastically started a weight loss program, started a weight training or aerobics program, or started learning a foreign language, only to stop after a short while? How many times have you tried to make changes in your life, to study a certain subject or to start a certain project, but failed for lack of motivation?
Sometimes we have the motivation and the enthusiasm to start a new project, but after a while, we lose the motivation and stop doing what we started to do. When this happens, we begin wondering what we can do to motivate ourselves and continue to the finish line.
What is motivation and why do we need it?
Motivation is an inner driving force that drives you to do and get things done. It is made up of a strong desire, an ambition, and an awareness of the importance of what we want to do.
To accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing would happen. A simple wish is not strong enough to take you into action. A wish is a weak desire, but only a strong desire can move you forward to act and achieve goals.
Motivation is aroused by internal and external factors, which stimulate the desire and energy to continue to be interested and engaged in a job, action or goal. It is the process that stimulates people to act, to do things and to achieve their goals.
What can help you get motivated?
- You have to know exactly what you want.
- Your goal should be clear.
- You should be aware of the benefits of what you want to accomplish.
- You must keep desire, enthusiasm and zest constantly alive.
Thinking often about your goal and accepting the idea that it can be achieved will increase your motivation and strengthen your desire to reach it.
Thinking of the importance of what you want to achieve will also increase your motivation, strengthen your desire, and make you want to do whatever it takes to reach your goal.
As strange as it may seem, exercising your body regularly can also help. This will increase your energy level, your inner strength and your persistence. Additionally, it will help you be constantly motivated, active, and energetic.
“Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.” – Brian Tracy
How to get motivated – Tips and advice
Motivation has become a popular term these days. There are motivational coaches and speakers, as well as motivational books and articles. You can find a lot of information about this on the Internet, as well as here, in the articles on this site.
Motivation has a lot to do with emotions and imagination, which means that if you want to motivate yourself, you have to work on your feelings and your imagination. You can do this by visualizing your goal as clearly as possible and actually feeling that you appreciate it.
How to motivate yourself? Here are some tips to help you:
1. Think about and analyze your goal to find out if you really want to reach it. Is it worth the time? Maybe you don’t really want it. If after thinking about your goal you realize that you don’t really care about it, it will be difficult to stay motivated. It is easier to become motivated and stay motivated when you are sure of what you want.
2. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help you describe it in clear terms. The more specific it is, the easier it would be to focus and motivate yourself.
3. Think often about your goal or desire, its benefits, and how your life will look like after reaching it. This will awaken your emotions, which provide the driving force and enthusiasm to pursue your goal.
4. Visualize how your life will be after you get what you want. Imagine how you will feel after reaching your goal. It may not be easy, because doubts and disbelief will likely try to keep your mind occupied. However, with persistence, you can teach your mind to stay away from doubts, or at least ignore them.
“Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it.” – Zig Ziglar
5. Make workable plans, with easy-to-follow small steps, and insist on at least one step a day. This will give you confidence and make you believe that the goal is within your reach. When you see a goal as achievable, it will be easier to become motivated and enthusiastic.
6. Read books or articles on the subject of your goal. They will keep your mind focused on and focused on your goal.
7. Read about successful people. It would inspire you to emulate them and do what they did. You can find books, articles, and videos about them by searching them on the Internet.
8. Read inspirational quotes related to the topic of your goal. I suggest you read a few in the morning and again in the evening before you fall asleep. You can also read them at any other time of the day. You can write a few on a piece of paper or save them on your smartphone.
9. If you are depressed and have no desire to do anything, you need to muster all the strength you have and go out for a walk. Never allow yourself to stay in a bad mood no matter how you feel.
10. When you need a dose of motivation, you will find it helpful to repeat positive affirmations to yourself. Here is an example: “I have the desire and the enthusiasm needed to reach my goal.” Repeat this statement often with care and conviction.
11. Start taking small steps towards your goal now. Don’t wait for the right opportunity and the right time. Every moment is the right moment, otherwise it is only procrastination.
The importance of starting with small goals
When it comes to long-term goals, it is not always easy to maintain motivation for a long time, unless you have a strong ambition. This is why it is wiser to start with small goals, which you can accomplish fairly quickly. After learning how to arouse motivation and increase your ambition, you can move on to more important goals.
If you want to achieve a certain goal, but you do not feel motivated enough to act, it means that the desire or the goal is not important enough. To be motivated to act and do something related to your goal, you must have a strong desire.
What motivates you? Share it with us below!
5 Ways To Achieve Your Goals (With Examples)
Setting goals is a crucial first step, whether you’re striving to reach personal or professional milestones. However, achieving those goals requires planning, determination, and focus. In this post, we’ll discuss five actionable strategies that can help you achieve your goals in 2023, and we’ll provide real-life examples to inspire and motivate you. By implementing these tips, you can train your brain to achieve your goals and make meaningful progress toward your aspirations.
1. Write Down Your Goals
The first thing needed to achieve a goal is to have one. A goal becomes very clear and precise once you have written it down most simply and easily to remember.
Here are some examples:
- I am the world’s best dancer!
- I am the greatest athlete!
- I have created the world’s most innovative tech company!
They are all written with the belief that these things have already happened. Once you start believing it has already happened, other people too can sense your confidence and things start happening.
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie
2. The One Page Plan
A simple one-page plan to accompany your goal is much more powerful than a detailed 30-page plan. After you have written your clear goal – write down all the things you will have to do to achieve it. Make it as simple and direct as possible so that you can refer to it every day and take action. A simple plan is easier to follow and keep up with.
3. Get The Right Skills
Once you have a clear goal that has been inked into your mind, and a clear plan in place, it is very important to invest in the skills you need to achieve your goal.
So for example, if you want to become a movie star, you should immediately start developing your acting skills. Observe how other actors perform, join an acting class, read about acting, and most importantly, start honing your craft by joining a local theatre group and going for as many auditions as you can. Practice is very important for mastering any skill.
Struggling To Achieve Your Goals? Here Are 9 Possible Reasons Why!
4. Surround Yourself With The Best People
The best way to achieve our goals is to make sure we have the best people supporting us. People who succeed are always those who understand the power of people.
So let’s say your goal is to be an entrepreneur and you have developed your entrepreneurial skills, the next step would be to get the best people to join your team to help you achieve your goal. These would be people who you consider to be the best marketers capable of getting you the best customers and investors.
Once you have the best people supporting you, it becomes much easier and faster to achieve your goals.
“It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people’s lives.” – Clint Eastwood
5. Power of Faith
Nothing beats the power of faith and belief. Sometimes you might face challenges, sometimes things might not be going your way, and you might feel like giving up – these are the times when faith and belief will keep you going.
So many people give up, just a few inches away from victory. I am sure you are not one of them since you are investing time into self-development which gives the highest returns! Now go out there and start achieving your goals!
Need more motivation? Read our blogs on motivation and become your best self now!
- 10 Things Stopping You From Achieving Your Goals
- 6-Step Process For Reaching Your Goals
- Powerful Life Lessons From David And Goliath Story
- Reasons Why It Is Important To Follow Your Dreams
- Signs That You’re Self Sabotaging
- Why Perseverance Is A Major Key To Life
- 6 Personal Growth Challenges To Transform Your Life
- 11 Habits To Achieving Greatness In Your Life
- 21-Day Rule That Can Change Your Life
5 Easy Ways to Find Motivation When You’re Feeling Stuck
One of the easiest and most beneficial ways to get motivated is to get up and get active
We’ve all had those days when we feel like we just can’t get motivated to do anything. Whether it’s an important task that needs to be done or something we just don’t feel like doing, it can be hard to get going. (more…)
7 of The Best Motivational Speeches of All Time
What could we possibly achieve by listening to motivational speeches? Isn’t that a waste of time? It’s not. A great motivational speech can be a trigger to action. It inspires you to do something. Powerful speeches make you realize you’re not just a useless individual in this world. Everyone matters. You matter, too. (more…)
From $5 to $12 Million: Mignon Francois’ Proven 5 Step Recipe to PR Stardom
Mastering Portfolio Management: Your Comprehensive Guide to Checking Investment Holdings
Don’t Stress About Your Career Path, Do This Instead
3 Types of Team Habits That Can Transform Your Work Life
How Lucid Dreaming Can Propel You to Success
77 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 60 Colorful Picture Quotes To Empower Your Life
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Entrepreneurs3 weeks ago
6 Entrepreneurship Myths That Need to Be Busted
Change Your Mindset4 weeks ago
How to Let Go of Unconscious Patterns That No Longer Serve You
Success Advice2 weeks ago
5 Underrated Ways to 10x Your Self-Confidence In 7 Days
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Influence Yourself for Success: The Ultimate Internal Competition
Life4 weeks ago
How to Show Up Authentically According to Sheryl Lee Ralph
Success Advice3 weeks ago
How to Scale Your Side Hustle Into a Thriving Business
Life3 weeks ago
How to Embrace the Darkness to Hold More Light
Life2 weeks ago
7 Steps for Achieving Non-Attachment and Embracing Change