If you’d like to learn how to stay motivated so you can find success in multiple areas of your life, sign up for the free 90-Day Master Class hosted by the founder of Addicted2Success.com, Joel Brown.
How many times have you enthusiastically started a weight loss program, started a weight training or aerobics program, or started learning a foreign language, only to stop after a short while? How many times have you tried to make changes in your life, to study a certain subject or to start a certain project, but failed for lack of motivation?
Sometimes we have the motivation and the enthusiasm to start a new project, but after a while, we lose the motivation and stop doing what we started to do. When this happens, we begin wondering what we can do to motivate ourselves and continue to the finish line.
What is motivation and why do we need it?
Motivation is an inner driving force that drives you to do and get things done. It is made up of a strong desire, an ambition, and an awareness of the importance of what we want to do.
To accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing would happen. A simple wish is not strong enough to take you into action. A wish is a weak desire, but only a strong desire can move you forward to act and achieve goals.
Motivation is aroused by internal and external factors, which stimulate the desire and energy to continue to be interested and engaged in a job, action or goal. It is the process that stimulates people to act, to do things and to achieve their goals.
What can help you get motivated?
- You have to know exactly what you want.
- Your goal should be clear.
- You should be aware of the benefits of what you want to accomplish.
- You must keep desire, enthusiasm and zest constantly alive.
Thinking often about your goal and accepting the idea that it can be achieved will increase your motivation and strengthen your desire to reach it.
Thinking of the importance of what you want to achieve will also increase your motivation, strengthen your desire, and make you want to do whatever it takes to reach your goal.
As strange as it may seem, exercising your body regularly can also help. This will increase your energy level, your inner strength and your persistence. Additionally, it will help you be constantly motivated, active, and energetic.
“Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.” – Brian Tracy
How to get motivated – Tips and advice
Motivation has become a popular term these days. There are motivational coaches and speakers, as well as motivational books and articles. You can find a lot of information about this on the Internet, as well as here, in the articles on this site.
Motivation has a lot to do with emotions and imagination, which means that if you want to motivate yourself, you have to work on your feelings and your imagination. You can do this by visualizing your goal as clearly as possible and actually feeling that you appreciate it.
How to motivate yourself? Here are some tips to help you:
1. Think about and analyze your goal to find out if you really want to reach it. Is it worth the time? Maybe you don’t really want it. If after thinking about your goal you realize that you don’t really care about it, it will be difficult to stay motivated. It is easier to become motivated and stay motivated when you are sure of what you want.
2. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help you describe it in clear terms. The more specific it is, the easier it would be to focus and motivate yourself.
3. Think often about your goal or desire, its benefits, and how your life will look like after reaching it. This will awaken your emotions, which provide the driving force and enthusiasm to pursue your goal.
4. Visualize how your life will be after you get what you want. Imagine how you will feel after reaching your goal. It may not be easy, because doubts and disbelief will likely try to keep your mind occupied. However, with persistence, you can teach your mind to stay away from doubts, or at least ignore them.
“Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it.” – Zig Ziglar
5. Make workable plans, with easy-to-follow small steps, and insist on at least one step a day. This will give you confidence and make you believe that the goal is within your reach. When you see a goal as achievable, it will be easier to become motivated and enthusiastic.
6. Read books or articles on the subject of your goal. They will keep your mind focused on and focused on your goal.
7. Read about successful people. It would inspire you to emulate them and do what they did. You can find books, articles, and videos about them by searching them on the Internet.
8. Read inspirational quotes related to the topic of your goal. I suggest you read a few in the morning and again in the evening before you fall asleep. You can also read them at any other time of the day. You can write a few on a piece of paper or save them on your smartphone.
9. If you are depressed and have no desire to do anything, you need to muster all the strength you have and go out for a walk. Never allow yourself to stay in a bad mood no matter how you feel.
10. When you need a dose of motivation, you will find it helpful to repeat positive affirmations to yourself. Here is an example: “I have the desire and the enthusiasm needed to reach my goal.” Repeat this statement often with care and conviction.
11. Start taking small steps towards your goal now. Don’t wait for the right opportunity and the right time. Every moment is the right moment, otherwise it is only procrastination.
The importance of starting with small goals
When it comes to long-term goals, it is not always easy to maintain motivation for a long time, unless you have a strong ambition. This is why it is wiser to start with small goals, which you can accomplish fairly quickly. After learning how to arouse motivation and increase your ambition, you can move on to more important goals.
If you want to achieve a certain goal, but you do not feel motivated enough to act, it means that the desire or the goal is not important enough. To be motivated to act and do something related to your goal, you must have a strong desire.
What motivates you? Share it with us below!
You Can’t Create Success Without Tapping Into Your Sources of Motivation
Sometimes life doesn’t work out as planned no matter what you do. You start each day with the best of intentions and expect to achieve success. However, this isn’t a Hallmark movie. There are lots of situations in your life that happen outside of your control. These unexpected moments derail your positive intentions. As leaders, we want to grow a business, advance in a career, have better relationships, and create freedom and margin to spend our time doing whatever we want. (more…)
Why You Shouldn’t Ignore This Dark Method of Motivation
When you get home from work, what’s the first thing you want to do? Is it to start exercising? Is it work on a new side-hustle? Or is it mastering a brand new musical instrument? I’d actually bet cash that you do NOT want to do a single one of those things. In fact, it’s very likely you want to do the opposite instead – and that’s to slip into your house clothes, hop into a comfy chair, and dive into an exciting show on Netflix or browse social media. (more…)
How to Use the 3 Sins of Motivation to Achieve Your Goals
Has your hard work ever been overlooked? Maybe you’ve been working overtime for weeks, and when promotion time came along, a less experienced co-worker (who rarely, if ever, stays past clock out time) is applauded for his great work and is rewarded with a higher, better paying position. (more…)
3 Unusual Methods For Instant Motivation
How many times have you looked at endless task lists, dozens of unread emails, and mountains of paperwork… and felt utter dread at the thought of working on them? And even looked at the clock and hoped it was near the end of the day, just so you could call it quits? (more…)
4 Ways Entrepreneurs Can Share Their Success
Remember This: Work Comes Before Success
5 Mindset Shifts Leaders Can Use To Avoid Hitting The Wall
3 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself and Live an Optimized Life
How to Open New Doors of Opportunity and Wake Up Fulfilled
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life4 weeks ago
12 Things to Give Up if You Want to Be Productive
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
10 Traits an Inspired Leader Must Have
- Life3 weeks ago
5 Ways To Invest In Yourself and Change Your Life
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
The Power of Consistency When Working Towards a Goal
- Life3 weeks ago
These 7 Daily Resolutions Can Change Your Life
- Success Advice4 weeks ago
Here’s How You Can Succeed at Any Stage in Life
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
Looking for a New Side Hustle? Get Paid to Write
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
The 4 Principles to Excellence