Success Advice

The 6 Different Types Of Procrastinators – Find Your Type & We’ll Show You How To Fix It

procrastination

We are all guilty of procrastination at some point in our lives. We get caught up in other activities and put some of our most important ‘to-do’s’ on the back burner only to feel crappy about not acting on it earlier when it comes around to bite us on our lazy asses.

Good thing for you we have a list of the 6 different types of procrastinators. We are all at least one type out of the 6 featured, some of us are an amalgamation of a few of these. Find which one you are, or one(s) you are and get ready to shake your world up with some extra life accomplishments.

The 6 Different Types Of Procrastinators

Procrastination tips for everyone:

– Get help from others (professors, friends, family) to stay accountable.

– Keep a daily journal to evaluate your use of time.

– Practice visualization. Envision the changes you want to make in your life — how it feels to make the change, and what your life looks like after the changes are made.

– Create a timeline for completing a task or achieving a goal, with specific, short-term steps along the way.

I set this as my Desktop Wallpaper, It has helped me stop procrastinating, try it on your desktop also and let me know if you see progress.

Thanks for reading this article guys.

Joel Brown

1. Pavkata

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:02 am

Definitley crisis-maker

2. Joey

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I love this I think everyone has some of these in them, just don’t confess to any it.

These steps, are the ones we have done just not seen in black in white by another person. I know I tend to write things down to see what it is to fix and proceed just due to my training. Nice to see my path is not in vain.

3. Liz Michael

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Great blog post, Joel. I find that many of my customers use unhealthy escapes such as drinking too much or eating too much in order to put off the things that they need to do – and probably to avoid the feelings that go along with it…like perfectionism, worry, etc. I like that you give steps to overcome the types of procrastination once they identify in what category they may be.

4. Olga

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Hmmm… I’m turning from Perfectionist and Dreamer into Crisis-makerand Worrier. Nice tendency)
    Interesting information!

5. Pauline

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Great resource for procrastinators! I’ve never seen it broken down like that. Thank.you!

6. Nathan

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm

This is a really great article, I’d say i am most definitely a bit of an overdoer. Taking on to much is something that I really have to watch. Thanks for sharing.

7. Kasey

May 17, 2012 at 3:00 am

I’m definitely the Perfectionist. Great break-down of the types of procrastinators. This advice will certainly help if I stick to it.

8. POST-PRO MAGAZINE

May 8, 2012 at 6:47 pm

perfectionist

• Mball

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I wouldn’t say “perfectionnist” but rather the progress

9. Eva

May 5, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Definitely a dreamer and a worrier. Good article, thanks for the tips!

10. MikeV_77

May 5, 2012 at 4:31 am

maybe i’m the over-doer type most of the time. but i’ve been in the perfectionist, dreamer, and worrier types too. thank you!

11. Mansoor MJ

May 1, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I think i’m a Dreamer………….i just want to take out in real life for which i m struglling every day……so show me that way to get my dream to become RICH

12. uzomacky

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:39 am

been perfectionist and over-doer, a procrastinator.. but I guess it is just in our nature to have the above mentioned traits, its up to us how to react and act on this..
    I always say to myself “be NIKE (just do it)!”..and it helped!
    thanks for this post bhai.

13. hedgeart

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:25 am

Joel, is there not also a type who is just plain indecisive by nature? Or do yoy think that indecisiveness must stem from one of the abovementioned reasons?

14. Denyse

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:42 am

HELP, I answered yes to them all!
    I knew I was a procrastinator, but what do I do now?!

15. stephen waymire

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:11 pm

AMAZIN!! I wonder how many times I have said—TOMORROW I WILL…. in my 63 years. I have been a great PUT OFFER. When somethin I really don’t want to deal with…I WILL DO IT TOMORROW. ..which just adds more stress. Goin to put a sign…YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW… Yep I’m goin to do that tomorrow.

16. Andrew Bycroft

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:29 am

Thanks Joel for another informative post. I have to say that this is the first time I have seen procrastination covered in so much depth. I guess I fit into the perfectionist category, just like Gabriel. I totally agree with Nina. The Nike picture completes the post by summing up procrastination in just a few words.

Joel

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:40 am

Glad you liked it Andrew =) Thanks for leaving your feedback mate.

17. Ashwiinii

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:17 am

Hi,

I have read numerous articles about this topic. This is by far the best one as its very specific with identifying the types and giving a good way to overcome your specific issue rather than a general solution. It always works to have custom solutions as there are more chances of people understanding the problem as many can’t identify the specific issue. Thanks again. I have changed the wallpaper and hope it works for me.

Ashwiinii

18. Itzíar Ruiz

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:46 am

I love the article.. ashamed of recognizing myself on each description, but motivated by the tips and of course I just changed my wallpaper. Thank you! I´m loving your page. Have an excellent week! 😀

Joel

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:06 am

Thank you Itziar. Glad you used my wallpaper. It will help a lot 🙂

19. Nina

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Great article and tips. It is not easy to change a habit but perfectly doable with willpower. Great picture you found, fits perfectly with the post!

20. Gabriel Thomas

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:05 am

What a perfect time to write this post! I must admit that I’m a perfectionist. It is a blessing and a curse at the same time, but I’m finally allowing myself to..LET GO! Amazing and empowering content as usual.