Tom Hardy is an incredible actor. From appearing in Hollywood blockbusters such as Mad Max: Fury Road, Inception, and The Dark Knight Rises; Hardy understands the value of endurance & sticking to your passion. Many people doubted him as he became an actor and his dreams of finding success. Now he has won multiple Oscars and is a respected member of the community.
Here are 29 of Tom Hardy’s greatest quotes:
1. “The only thing I can do is wipe my arse, brush my teeth, turn up, and do the best work I can.” – Tom Hardy
2. “It doesn’t matter who you are. What matters is your plan.“ – Tom Hardy
3. “Love is doing something you don’t want to do for someone you don’t particularly like at that moment.“ – Tom Hardy
4. “I think it’s important that you always transform if you can. That’s what I was trained to do. You try and hide yourself as much as you can – that’s the key to longevity.“ – Tom Hardy
5. “I have a very busy head. I have inside voices that I have learned to contain.” – Tom Hardy
6. “I didn’t understand how you could do something which is so much fun and be so miserable doing it.” – Tom Hardy
7. “Fame and stuff like that is all very cool, but at the end of the day, we’re all human beings. Although what I do is incredibly surreal and fun and amazing and I’m really grateful for it, I don’t believe my own press release, do you know what I mean?“ – Tom Hardy
8. “Never give power to the big man.” – Tom Hardy
9. “A great man is largely forgotten by the public. He doesn’t stand on top of a mountain waving a flag saying, “Look at me – I’m a great man.” A great man often disappears into the ether. Hardly anyone notices that he was even there, apart from his family and close friends. He was reliable. He showed up. He was there. He was useful where he could be. He made mistakes. Tried to make better of those mistakes. Doesn’t mean you have to cure cancer or understand the theory of relativity. It’s not necessarily as rock-and-roll or as cool as you might think. Part of being a great man is accepting that. To dare to be average and normal is actually a pathway to becoming a great man. To have more humility. To accept responsibility more. To just get on with what’s in front of your face. And to leave no f**king indelible mark of your ever being here, apart from the fact that you were there for your family to the best of your ability. It’s not an easy task. I’ll probably f**k it up.” – Tom Hardy
10. “I’m just getting settled as a responsible man – but if you split the elephant into little mouthfuls it will be fine.” – Tom Hardy
11. “I hate publicists and publicity. But I love people.” – Tom Hardy
12. “I’m not interested in walks in the parks. Anything difficult that people think I couldn’t play, I’m straight at it. If they say ‘Tom, don’t put your hand in the fire’, you know I’ll be coming out of it casually an hour later with third-degree burns and bandages up to my arms.” – Tom Hardy
13. “So, somewhere between that acceptance and doing my homework and being competitive and having ambition and loving my job and observing and reflecting my society, that’s where I find the purpose. Because a man needs purpose.” – Tom Hardy
14. “I guess is I had fifty million dollars I could spend more time at home…” – Tom Hardy
15. “There’s always a certain pride in getting the job done properly.“ – Tom Hardy
16. “You musn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Tom Hardy
17. “Responsibility has a cost, and there’s no such thing as perfection.” – Tom Hardy
18. “We’re all flawed human beings and we all have a cauldron of psychosis which we have to unravel as we grow older and find the way we fit in to live our lives as best as possible.“ – Tom Hardy
19. “No matter how much you can prepare for it, there’s nothing worse than the anticipation. It’s always the killer of everything. The actuality of doing something is normally a lot easier than the waiting for it.” – Tom Hardy
20. “Vanity is normal in performers. Does it bother other people? All the time. But nine times out of ten, that says more about them than you.” – Tom Hardy
21. “You don’t step on stage to eat; you go there to be eaten.” – Tom Hardy
22. “It is not the violence that sets a man apart, it is the distance heis prepared to go.” – Tom Hardy
23. “Spirituality seems to me to be for those who’ve been through hell.” – Tom Hardy
24. “I’m going to fail to hit the mark I’ve put up before me because it’s not possible to hit it. I want to be the best at what I do so I’ve got to get over myself already because that’s never going to happen. I ain’t ever going to be god.” – Tom Hardy
25. “But I do believe the time is now.” – Tom Hardy
26. “I’m here to challenge myself and to see whether I can shapeshift in an environment that’s actually quite daunting, but which I think would be nice to shine a light into.. The destination of any interesting drama is that you shine a light into a place that not many people know about.” – Tom Hardy
27. “Within the creative arts you can create things and destroy things. Passion creates and destroys.” – Tom Hardy
28. “I’m not really a road dog. I’m a bit of a homeboy. But the reality is, I love what I fucking do.” – Tom Hardy
29. “We are survivors. We control the fear. And without the fear, we are all as good as dead.” – Tom Hardy
Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!
55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make ends meet by selling pens and having odd end jobs. So, yes, he has had his fair share of struggles. But today, he is rated as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. (more…)
54 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You to Greatness
Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, a figure in the MMA space, and former host of Fear Factor. But Rogan is more recognized his famous podcast The Joe Rogan Experience which is at the top of many iTunes charts. Each week, Joe Rogan sits down with a public figure to have a raw conversation to discuss their story, passions, and life in general. These people range from actors & scientists, to controversial figures in the news. Rogan is well known for dropping knowledge bombs in his show and is respected & looked up to by people in a variety of spaces as a motivational & inspirational figure. (more…)
27 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Sow the Seeds of Success in Your Life
Cristiano Ronaldo is inarguably, one of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen. He is currently at the top of his game but his rise to prominence was far from ease. The Portuguese star has had his fair share of struggles but his thirst for perfection kept him going and made him the greatest of all time. (more…)
6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars
The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.
Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:
1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.
Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”
Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.
2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”
Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.
Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.
Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.
Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.
3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”
Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.
Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.
4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”
We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.
For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!
In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”
Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”
5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”
We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.
Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.
For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.
It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.
She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.
Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!
A Salesman’s Guide On What To Do When Your Prospect Misses Your Call
How to Write a Personal Destiny Statement in 3 Steps
How a Nighttime Routine Can Make You More Successful
4 Lessons You Can Learn From the Founder of Walmart, Sam Walton
How I Built Nike: Phil Knight’s 4 Business Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
(Images) 56 Inspirational Picture Quotes That Will Motivate Your Mind, Body & Soul
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
- Life6 days ago
Don’t Want To Feel Like A Failure Anymore? Stop Doing These 6 Things
- Success Advice1 week ago
7 Steps to Conquering the Fears That Are Holding You Back From Success
- Entrepreneurs4 days ago
4 Lessons You Can Learn From the Founder of Walmart, Sam Walton
- Entrepreneurs5 days ago
How I Built Nike: Phil Knight’s 4 Business Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
- Success Advice2 weeks ago
If You’re Looking for Success, Here Are 5 Ways to Find It
- Entrepreneurs2 weeks ago
Tai Lopez’s 6 Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety as an Entrepreneur
- Success Advice3 weeks ago
The 5 Most Popular Daily Habits of Ultra Successful People
- Life4 weeks ago
3 Ways to Bounce Back When Life Pushes You Hard