I recently caught up with the professional network marketer, millionaire and entrepreneur “Chris Harder” to find out what he discovered last month during his challenge to read a book a day for 30 days.
Chris read a long list of self development books and was able to absorb a world of knowledge through commitment to complete each and every book he read, from cover to cover in the small window of a day for 30 days straight.
Chris saw his wife Lori Harder taking a full-time daily approach towards her personal development and he decided he didn’t want to play his self development at 50%. He felt like he needed a radical change to step it up to the next level so he decided to take on the challenge of reading 30 books in 30 days.
Within a few days of intense reading Chris was able to condition his brain to endure the long hours of learning as he extracted a lot of amazing advice and lessons from the books he committed to.
Chris also donated over $7,500 that he raised from this challenge to Make-A-Wish.
Read on as I reveal some of the key takeaways from this discussion with Chris and listen to the podcast interview below to find out how you to can prepare for your own amazing challenge of self development to read a book a day.
All 30 books had ONE message in common
Every book Chris read, went back to the baseline of giving. Giving back and contributing to others.
“Giving really is the secret to life.” – Chris Harder
What Chris Learned from the Spiritual books he read
You should always be happy with what you have right now before you are going to be given anything else.
Being present and getting rid of all the noise in your life, and being absolutely grateful for what you have and where you’re at right now is the key to spiritual success.
The Top 3 Business books Chris read over the 30 days and why.
1. The Go Giver
You will learn why the more you give, the more success you get.
2. Lead like Reagan
You’ll learn the great leadership skills that President Reagan had while he was in power. A great way to become a better leader.
3. The Starbucks Experience
You will learn how great companies come to be and how great companies continue to thrive and change with the times.
The 30 Books Chris Harder Read in March
1. Tuesday’s With Morrie – Mitch Albom
2. The Legacy Journey – Dave Ramsey
3. The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene’ Brown
4. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari – Robin Sharma
5. How to Win Friends & Influence People – Dale Carnegie
6. Entrepreneurial StrengthsFinder – Jim Clifton
7. The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
8. The Richest Man In Babylon – George S Clason
9. Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E Frankl
10. Lead Like Reagan – Dan Quiggle
11. The Thank You Economy – Gary Vaynerchuk
12. The Need to Say “No” – Jill Brooke
13. Many Lives, Many Masters – Brian L Weiss
15. Leaders Eat Last – Simon Sinek
16. The Starbucks Experience – Joseph A Michelli
17. The Go Giver – Bob Burg
18. The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success – Deepak Chopra
19. The Science of Getting Rich – Wallace D. Wattles
20. Whale Done – Ken Blanchard
21. The Big Leap – Gay Hendricks
22. How They Started – Carol Tice & David Lester
23. Give & Take – Adam Grant
24. The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
25. Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business – Michael Parish DuDell
26. What I Know For Sure – Oprah Winfrey
27. The Blessed Life – Robert Morris
28. Within – Dr. Habib Sadeghi
29. Dare to Serve – Cheryl Bachelder
30. The First Family Detail – Ronald Kessler