Success Advice

10 Positive Signs That You Are Cut Out To Be An Entrepreneur

be-an-entrepreneur

Here are 10 pointers that show the positive signs of a true and real entrepreneur

Entrepreneurs are a special breed of human. No economy thrives without them. They create jobs and provide solutions that take things to the next level. Are you part of this elite group of people?

10 Signs That You Are Becoming An Entrepreneur

1. You Take The Initiative

A lot of people will complain about a number of things and ask questions like, “When would someone deal with this problem?” You discover that you don’t fancy such questions but would rather ask questions like: “What can I do now to start changing things for the better? They create solutions to problems they encounter. They don’t wait for anyone to do it for them.

2. You Believe Your Visions Will Come Alive

Are you an incurable optimist who believes that his/her visions will be actualized no matter how high the odds are stacked against you? Do you walk around with the confidence of someone who knows that it’s just a matter of time before it finally clicks? Well then, this is a strong signal that you are cut out to be an entrepreneur.

3. You Don’t Just Work For The Money

Do you find yourself working longer than you are actually paid to do? Do you take special pride in always giving the best even when the employer doesn’t give a worthy remuneration? Are you willing to work for free if it means it would give you the opportunity to acquire an important skill or get connected to someone you’d like to network with?

If you answered “Yes” to all these questions then you are unlike most people. You have a strong trait of entrepreneurs. The truth is that many people will NOT do more than they are paid to do. Many folks will NOT work unless they are guaranteed financial reward.

4. You Know How To Sell Your Visions To Others

Entrepreneurs know how to articulate their visions in such a way that they are able to strongly convince others that their dreams are actually possible. Have you found yourself easily selling your goals to others and getting them committed to them? If you have this gift then you have one special ability that sets entrepreneurs apart.

5. You Are NOT Afraid To Leave Security For Something You Believe

Would you happily leave your well-paying job because you have an idea that you believe will make a big difference in a few years’ time? Do you wonder why other people are so concerned about having a secured employment when they can have a great life exploring the great ideas they have?

That’s something that makes you rare. That’s the spirit of the entrepreneur: Leaving the secure but mundane for the opportunities of a better tomorrow albeit fraught with challenges.

6. You Look For Ways To Make Things Better

Are you never satisfied with the way things are? Are you constantly looking for ways to sell more, deliver more value, improve customer service or make the sales process more profitable? Are you never happy to leave a good thing alone? Do you think of making the best even better? That’s something that entrepreneurs have in common.

7. You Don’t Like To Live By Predictable Patterns Of Work

If waking up by 5am every day, getting into a cubicle and working from 9am to 5pm makes you feel less human. Then the idea of entrepreneurship may appeal to you. If you are sure you are meant for much more than doing just what you are told to do at work then you have something that all great entrepreneurs have. They don’t like to live by the predictable patterns of the 9-5 rat race.

8. You See Opportunities Where Others Don’t

Do you see money where others only see problems? Do you see opportunities where others only see setbacks? Do you see the solutions (and the opportunities that come with them) where others only see challenges? Then it means you have the valuable eyes of an entrepreneur.

9. You Like To Play By Your Own Rules

Do you find it tiresome having to wear a necktie to work every day because you just want to make your boss happy? Do you really believe what you wear should be determined by how it helps you get the job done and NOT by predetermined conventions?

Do you find yourself questioning the rationale for established norms and practices in your place of work (That you actually see as counterproductive)? Do you find yourself introducing your own set of rules whenever and wherever you can (For improved performance and productivity)?

Then you are a game-changer. You have one of he most important characteristics of a great entrepreneur.

10. You Like Being In Charge Of Your Own Success/Failure

Would you prefer being the pilot in a turbulent flight than being a passenger in a boat going nowhere? Do you take ownership for success or failure? Would you prefer a situation where you are given the tools to work, given a free hand and then held accountable for the end result (Whether favorable or unfavorable)?

Then entrepreneurship is your true calling.

If you answered Yes! to all 10 points above, congratulations, you are a true entrepreneur.

Article By Joel Brown | Addicted2Success

1. Craig

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I can definitely agree with everybody post. Its time to live the life of an entrepreneur and not a company laboratory rat.

2. Rebecca

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:29 am

Awesome post! I love how accurate this is , building my entrepreneur worth right now!

3. East Coast Fashionista

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Absolutely, dead spot on! I’m all of these and don’t know any other way to live! On my own since 2003!

4. The Dreamer

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:06 pm

THIS!!!! All of these describe me 100000%! Which is why in 12 months, I’m leaving a 6 figure job, 15% annual bonus, at a company that’s growing by double digit percentage points every year, to chase my dreams.

I finally came to the conclusion that I SUCK as an employee, so I’m willing to take the risk.

I’m single…no kids…and young and dumb enough to believe that I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to! 🙂

No more of this working to make other people’s dreams come true…

5. Sher

May 31, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Dead on for what traits are required. Loved # 8 – You are unemployable and that’s a good thing…” My thinking out of the box continually rocked the boat. I can rock it all day and night now and not care, so long as I’m getting my inspirations turned into designs, onto paper and worked out the end of a needle or blog. Broke? Yes! Happy? More than!

6. Mack

May 28, 2012 at 1:03 am

Real talk!

I started my first business in 1999 and never looked back. I only took a job long enough to save enough money to go entrepreneurial again. Definitely not the life for everyone though. It cost me my first marriage. Relatives thought I was crazy and irresponsible for not getting a ‘real job’. And the lean times can be brutal. But the rewards for creating something out of nothing cannot be compared. We get to actualize. And that’s a god-like power not everyone gets to share in. Plus the pay raise is far better!

• KatherineTheGreat

May 30, 2012 at 12:43 pm

You story is soooo like mines. Doing the same things you did AND losing my first marriage, along with the “REAL JOB” mentality from family. I enjoyed reading everything you wrote. Thank you for sharing! LOVE IT!

• Mack

May 31, 2012 at 12:34 am

My pleasure

• Rose Djiofack

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Awesome input I love it! wish everyone could understand what it means to be “FREE” and not a modern day slave. Working for yourself is the best investment you will ever make. Yes friends, families will not understand will judge you, they are struggling. I no longer take advice from people who have no results. I really like your comment very genuine.

Long life to me! wait sorry to you 🙂

7. Matthew Odette

May 12, 2012 at 1:15 am

Spot on! 1-10… a fun read annd now back to work!

8. Sterling Michaels

May 10, 2012 at 6:06 am

Great to know that I fit this so very much but lost a lot of confidence for a couple of years and now – BACK TO BEING MENTAL And I Honestly Love it! I want to INSPIRE the ENTIRE WORLD to Live their Life – Truly In Love with Themselves, their Family and Friends and to have the guts to Live their Dreams and Never be afraid of making mistakes!

9. jo

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:49 pm

COMPLETE FROM 1- 10! THATS FUCKING RIGHT! I give respect to the man who has wrote this article! THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIND SIR!

10. rob

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:21 pm

If you are into the sologig then your strengths are ideation and futurist. We see things differently than most people and that is a good thing.

11. Blake Malan

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:31 am

Lol, this is great! Always nice to be reassured I really am not insane, just mental!

12. Aaron Fifield

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed this post, good work!

13. Abdullahi

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:16 am

I love this list!!!
    I was beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with me. After being a bean counter for over a decade, I just couldn’t take the stifling conditions anymore – I left. And even though I am not quite there yet, I feel great!

14. Lora Jones

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:45 pm

thanks for the list! I think I am going to print it out and frame it! You just basically summarized my personality! smiles

Love your website! keep up the good work!

Joel

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:21 am

Great to hear Lora =) All the best!

15. aleasia hurt

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:16 am

My passion as an entrepreneur is HURTNPOET, LLC… I have been struggling to become that entrepreneur; I also realize that I belong to the “members only club.” Thanx for bringing this too light!

16. Shailesh Tripathi

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Great job I like your type! Would genuinely like to right here your feedback on my blog site! I’m also searching for someone to assist me make web sites!

17. Matthew

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Their are so many more things that makes up an entrepreneur apart from his wardrobe. Leadership, tenacity, innovation, creation, systematic, methodology most important as emphasized by Kirzner “entrepreneurship is based on identifying market ignorance with respect to a certain opportunity”

• Jamari

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:49 am

agreed!

There is definitely a market ignorance in the field I want to create a product in. I like the way you put it.

18. Matt Auckland

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:34 am

Oh it’s all so very very true, and for me has been for the last 8 years. No way am I going back to a 9 till 5.

19. Matt Mansfield

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I really identify with number 8! Great list – thanks for sharing. 🙂

20. Gavin

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:01 am

Could it also be that Entrepreneurs have courage to see success where others fail to see anything at all. It takes Vision to succeed.

• Michael

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:57 am

Absolutely. Further, entrepreneurs don’t see problems, they see opportunities. They capitalize on disasters. They use negatives to compel them into the positive. People who are not phased by adversity, instead they use it to their advantage knowing they’ll be stronger, quicker and faster after overcoming it.