‘Think and Grow Rich’ by Napoleon Hill is unarguably one of the greatest personal development books ever written. Highly endorsed by the world’s top leaders such as Bob Proctor and Tony Robbins, if you haven’t read it you’re already behind.
I first read ‘Think and Grow Rich’ about 4 years ago and since then have read it at least once a year and I have the audiobook on repeat in my car.
One of my favorite chapters is on Persistence (Chapter 9) and I have identified the key takeaways for you to enjoy. If you haven’t read ‘Think and Grow Rich‘ yet, this should give you a good taste as to what it’s like and if you have, a reminder never hurts!
How to Develop Persistence:
4 Steps that lead to habit of persistence:
- A definite purpose backed by a burning desire for its fulfillment.
- A definite plan, expressed in continuous action.
- A mind closed tightly against all negative and discouraging influences, including negative suggestions of relatives, friends and acquaintances.
- A friendly alliance with one or more person who will encourage you to follow through with both plan and purpose.
Definite Causes of Persistence:
1. DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE. Know what you want is the first and, perhaps, the most important step toward the development of persistence. A strong motive forces you to surmount many difficulties.
2. DESIRE. It is comparatively easy to acquire and maintain persistence in pursuing the object of intense desire.
3. SELF-RELIANCE. Believe in your ability to carry out a plan encourages you to follow the plan through with persistence.
4. DEFINITENESS OF PLANS. Organized plans, even though they may be weak and entirely impractical, encourage persistence.
5. ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE. Knowing that your plans are sound, based upon experience or observation, encourages persistence; “guessing” instead of “knowing” destroys persistence.
6. COOPERATION. Sympathy, understanding and harmonious cooperation with others tend to develop persistence.
7. WILLPOWER. The habit of concentrating your thoughts upon the building of plans for the attainment of a definite purpose leads to persistence.
8. HABIT. Persistence is the direct result of habit. The mind absorbs and becomes part of the daily experiences upon which it feeds. Fear, the worst of all enemies, can be effectively cured by forced repetition of acts of courage. Everyone who has seen active service in war knows this.
If you’ve read ‘Think and Grow Rich‘, which chapter is your favorite?
You Can’t Create Success Without Tapping Into Your Sources of Motivation
Sometimes life doesn’t work out as planned no matter what you do. You start each day with the best of intentions and expect to achieve success. However, this isn’t a Hallmark movie. There are lots of situations in your life that happen outside of your control. These unexpected moments derail your positive intentions. As leaders, we want to grow a business, advance in a career, have better relationships, and create freedom and margin to spend our time doing whatever we want. (more…)
Why You Shouldn’t Ignore This Dark Method of Motivation
When you get home from work, what’s the first thing you want to do? Is it to start exercising? Is it work on a new side-hustle? Or is it mastering a brand new musical instrument? I’d actually bet cash that you do NOT want to do a single one of those things. In fact, it’s very likely you want to do the opposite instead – and that’s to slip into your house clothes, hop into a comfy chair, and dive into an exciting show on Netflix or browse social media. (more…)
How to Use the 3 Sins of Motivation to Achieve Your Goals
Has your hard work ever been overlooked? Maybe you’ve been working overtime for weeks, and when promotion time came along, a less experienced co-worker (who rarely, if ever, stays past clock out time) is applauded for his great work and is rewarded with a higher, better paying position. (more…)
3 Unusual Methods For Instant Motivation
How many times have you looked at endless task lists, dozens of unread emails, and mountains of paperwork… and felt utter dread at the thought of working on them? And even looked at the clock and hoped it was near the end of the day, just so you could call it quits? (more…)
5 Ways To Invest In Yourself and Change Your Life
How to Turn Inward and Detox Your Mind
4 Important Success Lessons You Can Learn From Avengers: Endgame
Here’s How You Can Succeed at Any Stage in Life
3 Ways Elite Leaders Optimize Their Mindset and Develop Sustainable Success
55 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
(Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of Success
30 Famous Quotes That Will Inspire Success In You
40 Rare Motivational and Inspirational Picture Quotes
72 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth
3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness
(Video) What Is Success? An Entrepreneurial Story To Inspire You
(Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath?
How To Make Enough Money From A Blog To Quit Your Job – Kate McKibbin
How Finding Your Passion And Becoming An Entrepreneur Can Lead To Happiness – Chiquita Searle
Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Things You Should Tell Yourself Everyday If You’re Serious About Success
Life4 weeks ago
How to Get Out of a Funk and Live a Purpose Driven Life
Success Advice3 weeks ago
3 Mindset Tactics You Can Borrow From Extreme Sports Athletes
Life4 weeks ago
The Art of Saying No
Life2 weeks ago
5 New Habits to Help You Cultivate a Growth Mindset
Success Advice4 weeks ago
Overcoming the Fixed Mindset Mentality
Life3 weeks ago
A Cleansing: The Mind Wash You Didn’t Know You Needed
Success Advice2 weeks ago
How to Develop Your Strengths According to Peter Drucker