Success Advice

7 Tips On How To Keep In A Peak State At All Times

Every activity you approach in life, and the energy you put behind it is linked to one very important thing; the state you are in at the time. If you want to increase your success, then you need to start becoming actively aware of your state of mind at all times.

The state you are in is never fixed and can be altered at any moment. At times when you are frustrated all it can take to change your state is a walk down the street or a phone call to a friend, yet changing your state can transform the results of whatever you are doing at the time.

The reality is that I could never write blog posts on Addicted2Success with the same passion unless I were following the art form of managing my state. Many people ask me what the secret is to everything I have written to date; as you all know I am happy to share any of my wisdom, and the answer to this question is state.

To be able to create a peak state consistently you will be required to give up stimulants like coffee or sugary drinks. These drinks artificially increase your state of mind and stop you from staying at your peak for a sustained period.

You can never inspire, influence or impact another human being unless you are in a peak state and are linking this state directly with your passion, energy and vision for life. Stop settling for second best and start to increase your results through changing your state!

Below are my seven tips for keeping in a peak state at all times.

1. Watch your physiology

Whenever I want to change my state, the first thing I do is look at my physiology. You need to look at the way you are sitting or standing, the position of your shoulders, the tone of your voice, body language, etc. Ask yourself, are all these things demonstrating power, enthusiasm and energy?

If the answer is no, you need to change them. When you adjust each component, you will start to feel different, and your state will change. You can also try a few “power moves” to alter your state even further like fist pumps, yelling an incantation, and plenty more which I will leave you to Google.

2. Read before important events

Before any important event such as writing this blog post, I always read a chapter or more of an empowering book. As you focus your mind on words that are thought-provoking and create feelings of inspiration, your state alters at the same time.

To compound the outcome further, you can read the words on the page out loud in a strong voice to get the full effect. No matter how hard you try and resist, you will feel energy rushing through you (assuming the book is inspiring enough). You may also experience a goosebump moment.

3. Use some pump up music

Straight after reading an inspiring book, I recommend following this with some high-energy music. I usually like House Music or RNB but whatever gets you moving is the ideal song to play.

Just listening passively is often not enough (although it still has some effect on your state) it’s also best to add some physical movement. Now I am a terrible dancer, so I like to add either bouncing on a trampoline or a brisk walk outside to get the blood pumping and the peak state established quickly.

Music should not only alter your state but also make you feel good. It’s a routine thing that we all do, but often it’s the little things that we forget about when we are trying to shape our lives to experience more success.

4. Speak with inspiring individuals in your network

Another great way to keep in a peak state is to spend time with those in your network who inspire you and lift you up. I am very privileged to have lots of these types of people in my network (in fact most would fit this category…haha).

It could be an email, phone call or SMS but an interaction with someone that lifts your mood will help put you in a peak state. The key is to allocate as much time with these individuals as possible and find a way to add value back to their lives in return.

5. Look forward to an inspiring event

One way I have been using more recently, to keep myself in a peak state, is to think of an uplifting event in the future that I am looking forward too, and that inspires me. Right now, the event that is having this effect on me is the Tony Robbins event I am going to in a few months’ time.

This event makes me feel passionate, create tingles down my spine and makes me feel unstoppable; it’s where the change all started in me. What event has this effect on you? Is it a concert, travel plans, business meeting or maybe the first day of a new career?

Once you know the answer, spend more of your time thinking about this event and celebrating it. Try to think about the feeling this event will create in you and get excited about it.

6. Add Superfoods

The easiest way for me to maintain a peak state once I have created one is to add superfoods. These foods allow me to increase my energy even further and then sustain it. I can remember times when I have got into a peak state and then gone and eaten a hamburger.

After doing this, all I wanted to do was sleep and the peak state disappeared. You can never get the benefits of a peak state if you consume rubbish food. Some superfoods to consider eating are blueberries, quinoa, kale, chia, broccoli, strawberries, salmon, cranberries, etc. These are great foods that will help you get into a peak state or sustain one.

7. Go out and achieve something awesome

This last tip may seem a bit odd at first. Let me explain what I mean by achieve something awesome. When you go out and achieve something huge, the result can become a platform that can help you to stay in a peak state.

“Every time you want to elevate your state and reach your peak, all you need to do is think of that thing you have achieved that is awesome, or focus on something you are about to achieve” – Tim Denning

An example for me right now is all the personal growth I have had over the last few years through my blogging and the impact it has had. Each time I think of this achievement, I feel my state change and my mind become elevated into a world where I can see what’s actually possible with complete clarity.

Most of your world is created by you, and you can change it at any time through a mind that is already in a peak state.

What do you do to get into a peak state? Share your thoughts with me in the comment section below or on my Facebook and Twitter pages.

Tim is best known as a long-time contributor on Addicted2Success. Tim's content has been shared millions of times and he has written multiple viral posts all around personal development and entrepreneurship.You can connect with Tim through his website www.timdenning.net

1. Maurice Yearwood

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:43 am

This post is awesome Tim! Keep it going!!

2. DJ

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:20 pm

How long have I been waiting for a post like this? Lord knows..but what events do you recommend for a college student in the South? I’d love to get involved with events like this

DJ

• Tim Denning

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:36 am

Dj thanks for reaching out. These type of events are provided by a company called success resources and they are global. Check out their website to find something near you. http://www.srglobal.com/

3. Charlene Rhinehart

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:15 am

You are such an inspirational blogger, Tim! It’t great to hear that you also listen to R&B as your pump up music.

This advice is very motivational:

Thanks Tim!

• Tim Denning

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:15 am

Charlene thanks for going above and beyond and sharing some love!

4. Toño

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:59 am

One of the biggest challenges for me is for a long time has been ability to keep in that peak state of mind, to be fully present and aware of the momentum. As I’ve always lacked the consistency, due my emotions. For the last few years I’ve developed some habbits which helps me to be in that stae for longer, but still there are moments when just one little thing which many will be easily ignore can get me deep and left me frustrated. Right now though I try to see things as it is: all the events in life you experience are neutral, it is your BS (belief system) that makes it positive or negative.

I love these tips you provided here, as I use some of them as well. Recently, I think because of my energy and vibrations have changed I got into Queen music, and oh man how I love it! I mean, I knew about the band of course but never was a huge fan. However, thanks to some circumstances, I listened to ‘I want to break free’ and it all starteed to connect. It gives me additional energy and help me keep the momentum. Last night while having some conversation with a friend via Skype I was listening them for a few hours, increasing my level of energy with no coffee. Magic! I also enjoy electronic music, ambient or instrumental, and my favourites, violin & piano. I think music is such a powerful tool to change your life.

I also agree with you on superfoods, as I am a hufe food lover. I think food is my religion 🙂 And as I am a vegan, I can relate to almost everything you’ve listed: I love chia seeds, blueberries, quinoa, broccoli, strawberries and pineapple, soy and almond milk. Fresh and live food will make you feel great, and to go for a meat free diet was one of my best decision so far.

Oh and congratulate on the Tony Robbins event you are going, I can feel you’re quite happy about it! He is such a huge figure for me and I would love to meet him in person one day as well as his vision, passion, humanity and strong mind helped me on my journey. Have a good time here, Tim 🙂

My sincere thank you for article, as I woke up today in a mixed mood but right now feel good and shaped and ready to kick on! Have a great time and wonderful day, pleasure to read you, as always.

• Tim Denning

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:48 am

Toño you have raised some interesting points. You hit the nail on the head when you brought up habits. To unlock a peak state you need to build it into your habits. As your state of mind changes you will find that you attract more things into your life that are positive and make you feel happy.

The point about Queen is also valuable. Sometimes it’s important to distance yourself from the music itself and whether it’s cool or not, and concentrate on whether it elevates your state or not. Too often we are thinking about what others will think of our music choice rather than the positive effect it has on us.

Can’t wait for the Tony Robbins event and thanks for sharing your advice as always Toño 🙂

Success Advice

How to Overcome Stage Fright in 5 Simple Steps

overcoming stage fright

Fear of public speaking, also known as glossophobia (which literally means fear of the tongue) is the apprehension that one experiences when speaking in public. It’s reported that 1 in every 4 individuals reports some sort of anxiety when presenting ideas in front of an audience. Regardless of one’s personal or professional background, being able to communicate ideas confidently and eloquently is of utmost importance. So, how can you overcome stage fright?

Here are 5 simple steps to help you overcome the fear of speaking publicly or in a group:

1. Success Visualization

A great deal of the fear we experience stems from the negative self-talk that goes on in our minds. Thoughts such as “I don’t think I can do it; I’m going to forget my notes; what makes me think people want to listen to me?” The first step in trying to counter the negative self-talk is through what I call Success Visualization. It’s a well-known scientifically-proven fact that the best way to counter negative mental chatters is with positivity.

Find a quiet place where you can be undisturbed for at least 15 minutes, create a mental image of the speech being a complete success. See the audience cheering and learning. See the equipment working properly. See yourself sharing your ideas with confidence. After all, no one goes to a speech to see a speaker embarrass themselves. Visualize what you want (success), not what you dread.

2. Purposeful Practice

How many times have you heard this well-intentioned advice: “Practice makes perfect”? You might wonder, “I’ve practiced over and over again, why am I not improving?” We’ve been told to practice, but no one ever told us how. In his bestselling book Peak, Anders Ericsson introduces the concept of purposeful practice that he defines as a focused process toward a well-defined and specific goal.

What we’re all engaged in is called naive practice, which is repeating a particular task and expecting to get better. That kind of practice as it relates to public speaking is highly ineffective. There is a myriad of skills that need to be mastered in order to become an effective public speaker. As such, purposeful practice is the right way to go since it allows you to focus on one skill at a time with timely feedback on what is and what isn’t working. Always practice with a goal in mind!

3. Energy Reversal

Science claims that we experience the same physiological changes whether excited or stressed. Our adrenal glands release epinephrine, norepinephrine, and cortisol which are the flight or fight chemicals. From a physiological perspective, being ready to fight, or afraid, ready to run away, are two sides of the same coin. Henceforth, we can channel that same energy resulting from stage fright to psyche ourselves up for the speech.

Positive affirmations such as “I am excited! I rock”, can help trick your subconscious mind into believing that you’re excited. Our subconscious mind is impersonal. It doesn’t discriminate or rationalize, it accepts as true and brings to us whatever we suggest. Positive powerful autosuggestions sink deep into our subconscious mind, and manifest themselves in the way you feel, think, and act. Never tell yourself not to be afraid! Well, I mean always tell yourself you are excited and ready to rock.

4. Action

No great results are to be obtained without consistent and persistent actions. Many of us attend speeches, workshops, and seminars expecting to get the desired outcomes right away. It doesn’t work that way, it never did, and it never will. The three previous steps mean nothing if you don’t have a structure that you can use to help reach your goal.

Knowledge alone won’t bring any result. Knowledge coupled with deliberate, systematic actions, will. What are you going to do? Are you going to join a local Toastmasters Club? How many times a week are you willing to practice? Do you have a support group? You reading this article is vibrant proof that you’ve had enough of stage fright. So, why not grab a pen and paper, and write your next action?

5. Know your purpose, audience, and materials

Three things must be absolutely clear in your mind before giving a speech: Your purpose, the audience, and your materials. First, on a blank sheet of paper, at the very top; make sure you have this question answered: Why am I doing this? Or in the form of a similar statement: By the end of my speech, the audience will have learned. Without a purpose to give you direction and bring value to your audience, you don’t have a speech.

Next, Who am I talking to? Before getting on stage, basic information about the audience’s age group, cultural background, and level of knowledge is essential. Those insights empower you to appropriately frame your message, so you can engage the audience and get your message across more effectively. Speaking isn’t about you, it’s all about the audience.

Finally, make sure you’ve mastered your materials. Specifically, the introduction, main ideas, and the conclusion. Part of why we are afraid results from doubts of not being fully prepared. Never get in front of an audience without having fully mastered your materials. Complete mastery of your materials will boost your self-confidence which will, in turn, reduce your public speaking apprehension.

I hope these techniques serve you well as they have me and the many others who’ve attended my workshops. Your willingness to try, fail, and improve is what makes magic happens. As you may have realized by now, all you have to do to transform your fear from a foe to a friend is to S-P-E-A-K despite your fears.

Success Advice

3 Steps to Overcome Your Brain Biases and Become a Better Leader

how to become a better leader

If I asked you what time it was, you would likely look at your watch or a clock and read the time out to me. And if I were to ask you where you were, you would likely tell me the exact place, city, or state. If I were to then ask you who you were, you would likely identify yourself by your name, demographics, and perhaps a work description. On the surface, answering these questions correctly would indicate that you were not delirious. But are these answers technically correct?

Biological research indicates that superficial orientation to time, place, or person is actually far from accurate. Rather, leaders might benefit from tending toward a non-dual awareness of the world, or at least offer themselves the opportunity to see the world this way. For time, place, and person, the biological realities differ from what we might initially think.

1. Don’t let the past dictate the future

We are not ever-present in the moment, nor should we be. In the human brain, the past, present, and future are all represented at the same time. Although we consciously organize our experiences using this segmentation of time, each of these networks can intrude upon the other. In fact, what you remember can influence what you can imagine for yourself in the future as well.

As a leader, ensure that you frequently examine your memory for positive reminders and biases, take advantage of your presence circuits by incorporating mindfulness practices into your day, and use your “possibility” circuits to imagine or simulate future scenarios. In fact, in the brain, imagination is a lot like reality.

Using all three components at all times will help you to become aware of biases and could also help you escape traps or an impasse. For instance, when a possible solution for product development is vague, thinking in terms of what you want and then reverse-engineering this process to make what you imagine could be helpful.

Walt Disney saw great success after building Disneyland in Anaheim, California, but outside interests began crowding his theme park. When he decided to build another park in Florida, Disney didn’t let the experience of California dissuade him. He expanded his vision to something greater — a city of tomorrow. He created fake companies to secretly purchase acres upon acres of land near where Interstate 4 intersected with the Florida turnpike so his company could develop the area around the theme park.

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney

2. Think beyond your reach

We are not where we think we are. The notion of “place” has become increasingly irrelevant in a globalized world. With the increasing interconnectedness of societies, cultures, and economies, leaders need to be careful not to think of themselves too locally. When leaders are global in their thinking, they are likely to elicit more widespread cooperation from international markets.

Ask yourself, “What communities beyond my local community do I want to impact?” and “What communities am I impacting?” When you take this approach, it can help your advertising strategies, for example, become more congruous with specific or global markets. Also, leaders who think globally will be more aware of competition from afar and opportunities for collaboration, too.

Jack Ma can be credited with being a global thinker for founding Alibaba, allowing Chinese consumers to access domestic and international markets that they could not previously access. By moving into e-commerce, online banking, and cloud computing, Alibaba has expanded into India and Southeast Asia. Alibaba’s Electronic World Trade Platform has even enabled farmers in Rwanda to sell coffee in China. This is a perfect example of thinking beyond your reach.

3. Connect the body and mind

We are not what we think we are. We are made up of 50% human and 50% bacterial cells. And water comprises 60% of our body weight. So we are basically bags of water and bacteria — with a dash of human cells thrown in for good measure.

Also, though we might think of ourselves as being separate from other people and things, many people or things you encounter in your life are stored in your brain’s memory centers. Our brain tissue contains images, voices, and other attributes of people and things, too. We are not actually as separate as we think.

Take care of your bacteria, and they will take care of you. Having the right balance of bacteria is of paramount importance to effective functioning because the wrong balance can make you depressed or anxious. Taking a probiotic can help restore this balance. Understanding that you are part human, part bacteria can change the way you take care of your moods by essentially reminding you to take care of your gut.

Mindy Grossman, the CEO of WW International — formerly Weight Watchers — is a good example of someone who understands the mind-body connection. Grossman has led the company’s focus from strictly weight loss to wellness through healthy habits. Part of the transformation includes a partnership with meditation app Headspace to help members maintain a positive mindset.

“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi

When you engage in non-dual awareness by recognizing that your brain fuses and connects time, places, and people, your leadership capacities might also be enhanced. As Warren Bennis, founding chairman of the Leadership Institute at the University of Southern California, suggests, “Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself.” And your “self” is more intriguing and mysterious than you might first imagine.

Success Advice

3 Ways to Optimize Your Life for Success

how to optimize your life for success

Welcome to the 21st Century! The era of the Internet and computers, lack of focus and superficiality. I know it sounds scary, maybe a little more exaggerated, but it’s true. We live in a world of short posts and 3-minute videos. We barely engage in deep learning, deep thinking, and deep focus to produce iPhone-level products or services. So, the majority of us are actually a failure, thousands of miles away from achieving our life goals and business visions. How do we turn things around? We need to optimize our lives.

Here are 3 tried and tested tips that will help optimize your life for success:

1. Upgrade your sleep

When I started my freelance writing career—about seven years ago—I was passionate and excited at the beginning. I’d fill my To-Do list with 6-10 items, worked until 12 am, set my alarm to go off at 3 am, and had my running shoes close to my bed before I went to sleep. However, I barely accomplished anything. I usually became weak and bored before noon.

I noticed that I was putting a huge strain on myself. I was sleep deprived, which is the primary reason why I didn’t have the energy and the drive to accomplish my tasks. Many studies have shown that sleep-deprivation affects productivity.

As soon as I began increasing my sleeping time from 4 hours to 7 hours, my whole life changed. I started producing a lot and earning a lot more than before while also improving my health. With more sleep, I get the emotional energy and willpower I need to read, learn, and optimize my career.

“By helping us keep the world in perspective, sleep gives us a chance to refocus on the essence of who we are. And in that place of connection, it is easier for the fears and concerns of the world to drop away.” – Arianna Huffington

2. Read every day

I get it. You’re in the middle-class struggling to survive. You simply have enough to deal with. Reading? That’s not included on your to-do list. Well, if that’s you, then you’re not alone. The global literacy rates are at an all-time high at 84 percent, which means people don’t read as much anymore.

We already have enough on our plates. In fact, a study by the National Endowment for the Arts has found that the reading culture among American adults has drastically declined. That’s a big issue in our world.

Nothing can prevent you from reading, not even your plate that’s chock-full of other life’s priorities. If you want to produce more and impact the world around you, you’ve got to read more and learn more.

Take a look at the visionaries and business titans in our world. All of them are avid readers and avid learners. Bill Gates is a bibliophile and Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, reveres books. In fact, Knight customized his library to the extent that, before you enter into his library, you have to take off your shoes and bow.

So, what would you do next? Take Roald Dahl’s advice, captured in this beautiful line of the poem: “So please, oh please, we beg, we pray / go throw your TV set away / and in its place, you can install / a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

3. Use Pomodoro to time yourself

You can’t go far in life if you can’t stay totally focused on a task. If you want to achieve your goals, you have got to stay laser-focused on a single task before jumping on to another. Why? Because goals are not achieved in one session, they’re achieved in a series of tasks, one after the other.

To install the focus habit in your system; therefore, you need to use a time-management kind of “system” that will keep you firm and attentive on a specific project. Pomodoro is that time-management tool that will help you stay focused.

It’s an excellent app that lets you set a timer for a particular task. You can set it for 30, 60, or 90 minutes and stop working when it goes off. I use it all the time, and I can’t imagine my work life without it.

“I know when I stay focused, good things will undoubtedly happen.” – Marc Trestman

Optimizing your life for more power, passion, and productivity is not about working hard late at night or running multiple projects at a time. It’s about maintaining your health and recharging your energy (having a deep, quality sleep), updating your knowledge (by reading every day), and staying focused on a project—until you accomplished it (by using Pomodoro technique to boost your concentration).

Of course, developing these sets of habits is not easy. You’ll fail and get frustrated, but as the productivity guru Robin Sharma beautifully puts it, “all changes are hard at first, messy at the middle, and beautiful at the end.”

Which one of these three ways to optimize your life resonated most with you and why? Share your thoughts below!

Success Advice

If You Want Your Business to Grow, You Need to Increase Your Capacity in the Following 4 Areas

business growth
Image Credit: Pixabay

Every entrepreneur must come face to face with the reality that there is only a limited amount of time, money, and people that you can use within your current position. The question is how do we increase or maximize the things that we find limiting?

As we walk through our hectic and often over packed ten, twelve, or fourteen hour work days, one of the questions that we should be asking is “What can I do to get more, to do more?” Instead, we just put our heads down and plow through the ever growing mountain of work. We are limited by capacity.

Webster’s dictionary defines capacity as “the maximum amount that something can contain.” As an entrepreneur, we have to be a little more creative than the average person and find ways to increase our capacity.

Below, we’ll identify the four areas where we need more capacity and ways to get more with less:

1. Time

Every human on this planet is granted twenty-four hours a day. That is it. Your capacity is a total of twenty-four hours. Within that amount of time you must manage several different demands. Our goal is to buy back our time, when we can, and operate at peak performance when we are accomplishing our daily task list.

First, without staying in performance shape, you will lose the ability to stay at optimal performance levels. Our bodies are truly a machine with an amazing capacity, but when it is abused by lack of sleep, improper nutrition, and lack of exercise, you are reducing the capacity at which you are able to work and function. The closer you are to peak performance, the more you are able to accomplish in a shorter amount of time.

Second is our mental condition. Here is what my experience has taught me. If I am mentally rested, I can think and make decisions faster because I can reason more quickly in addition to understanding the circumstances and information at an extremely fast pace.

When your brain is healthy, it becomes easier to absorb and process information at a lightning fast rate. Taking the time to allow your brain to rest will give it the ability to function at peak performance.

Third is our ability to train and delegate. So often, entrepreneurs are control freaks. No one can do it as good, as fast, or with the same passion as they can. While that may be true in most cases, you are only one person with twenty-four hours in a day.

You’ve got to delegate and accept people’s help. If you add one person that’s willing to give you eight hours of work a day, you have now bought back hours in your day to focus on activities that will generate more income and grow your business. Why wouldn’t you want to add more hours to your day by delegating out the appropriate task to qualified individuals?

“Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar

2. Money

Money tends to be a sensitive topic. We all have beliefs that were formed through our childhood on the concept of money. With many different views and beliefs on this topic, let’s just focus on the fact that money is a tool that will either help grow the company or a tool that limits a company’s growth.

It is always amazing that the faster a company grows, the greater the challenge of money becomes, and this could potentially cause the company to implode on its own success. How do we then increase the capacity and have more money available to keep the company healthy?

Here are a couple of things to watch out for:

• Keep an eye on your budget and get accurate figures.
  • Look at your Accounts Receivables. If they get too long, they could cause significant cash flow issues.
  • Find investment opportunities. There are many private investors that are often willing to invest in companies that have true growth with solid foundations.
  • Look at additional profit generators, products, or services that fit within your current business model.

Each of these are ways to increase the capacity that money contributes to the growth of your business.

3. Space and Supply

I will never forget exactly where I was standing when I had a manufacture call and tell me they were unable to supply anymore products. They had sold us everything they had, and they weren’t going to have anything available to sell for at least another six months. At that time, we were selling customer printed t-shirts and had tens of thousands of orders that we needed to fulfill within the next thirty days.

Space and Supply are tied closely together. Space is often associated with the production. Do you have a space large enough to meet the demands of the supply? If production can only create 1,000 products a day and buyers need 5,000 a day, there is a conflict.

A business needs to understand that challenge, and there are only 3 solutions to this problem: The business figures out how to increase production within the current workable hours, adds more workable hours with the equipment and space, or adds more equipment and space to increase production.

Space and supplies are assets that can be used towards the business advantage. Here are a few questions to ask when making decisions based on space and supply.

• Evaluate your supply channel. Are they able to maintain a solid supply of your raw product materials to match your growth as a company?
  • Are there back up supply manufactures that can create a safety net for your raw products?
  • Evaluate the amount of space you have available along with the time the space is usable. Can you run a second or third shift with the current space and equipment?

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. People

Your employees are likely going to be the most important way to create more capacity. We talked briefly about delegating to qualified individuals to increase capacity around your own personal time. The next phase is to create more capacity by adding additional, trained people.

You need to create leaders of leaders instead of you being the leader of followers. Don’t miss this because the greatest of all companies focuses on increasing their capacity by training leaders of leaders and not just a loyal following.

Entrepreneurs tend to be a lonely bunch of souls. Too often, we are misunderstood and looked at with slight amount of annoyance. Others just don’t always know how to take someone that is passionately thinking outside the box.

People skills are a must in order to have more than just yourself work to achieve that dream. As an entrepreneur, develop the social skills to work with individuals that are different than yourself.

Here is a 3 step plan to have great capacity with people as your allies:

1. Start by learning how to delegate your own tasks to buy back your time. Identify the tasks that are easiest to delegate and document how you do them. This will give you a specific job description, set achievable goals, and create a daily action plan that is now something that is teachable.
  2. Use this system and apply it to the other things you are currently doing. I would suggest building out an organization chart and dividing the different tasks you do within the company. Then create a plan that will allow you to hire the right person and move you onto the next area in the organization that you will systematize.
  3. Finally, create the culture. Culture is like a child, it will grow whether or not you pay attention to it. So be intentional. Learn what it takes to build a culture that attracts the employees that want to be there and grow with the company.

Each of these four areas has an incredible amount of potential to increase your capacity, and allow your business to grow. Don’t attempt to tackle everything at once. Identify just one area that you will commit to grow within the next three to six months. Take action and implement.

What is your next step? Share with us below!