50 Positive Thinking Quotes For More Inner Strength & Growth

Positive Thinking Quotes

Here is a collection of Positive Thinking Quotes that will build your inner strength and help you grow mentally & spiritually so that you can live a successful and optimistic life.

Studies have shown that positive thinking can help with stress management and better health, two very important components that are needed to move through life with energy and enthusiasm.

50 Positive Thinking Quotes

“Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.”  – Edith Wharton

“With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Dr. Wayne W Dyer

“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale

“Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.” – Maya Angelou

“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle

“An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality.”  – Brian Tracy

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

“If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar

“The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H Schuller

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” – Douglas Adams

“Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher.” – Maya Watson

“I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened” – Mark Twain

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha

“Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle

“The past has no power over the present moment.” – Eckhart Tolle

“Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Francesca Reigler

“I do believe we’re all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other.” – Harvey Fierstein

“If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” – Guy Finley

“Today is a new beginning, a chance to turn your failures into achievements & your sorrows into so goods. No room for excuses.” – Joel Brown

“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins

“We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” – Robin Sharma

“If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” – Henry Ford

“No matter what the situation, remind yourself “I have a choice.” – Deepak Chopra

“All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything!” – Gary W Goldstein

“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius

“If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John C Maxwell

“Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore

“I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” – Muhammad Ali

“We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda

“The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.” – Unknown

“If someone tells you, “You can’t” they really mean, “I can’t.” – Sean Stephenson

“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” – W. Clement Stone

“Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.” – Michael Landon

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

37 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life

“The difference in winning and losing is most often…not quitting.” – Walt Disney

“You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S Lewis

“All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller

“Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” – Jon Bon Jovi

“Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice.” – Stephen Covey

“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” – Kurt Vonnegut

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Osteen

“The next time you feel slightly uncomfortable with the pressure in your life, remember no pressure, no diamonds. Pressure is a part of success.” – Eric Thomas

“When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi

“If you can change your mind, you can change your life.” – William James

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl

“Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” – John Barrymore

“The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Unknown

Positive Quotes about Thinking Paulo Coelho

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you enjoyed this collection of Positive Thinking Quotes.

Email these to your friends and family and don’t forget to print these out to hang on your bedroom or cubicle wall. You will notice a difference in your day, and your future when you live your life with incredible positivity and energy.

I am the the Founder of Addicted2Success.com and I am so grateful you're here to be part of this awesome community. I love connecting with people who have a passion for Entrepreneurship, Self Development & Achieving Success. I started this website with the intention of educating and inspiring likeminded people to always strive for success no matter what their circumstances. I'm proud to say through my podcast and through this website we have impacted over 100 million lives in the last 6 and a half years.

1. js james

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:38 am

Simply superb……Its just like honey added to an apple!!!

2. S Govindarajan

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:17 am

superb quotes I love it thanks for your quotes about life…

3. hari

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:35 am

thank u for ur great quote ..

4. gudboydeson

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:09 am

so sensitive and encouraging too ..

I really appreciate them.

5. Sandy

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:43 am

I enjoy reading these quotes. They are uplifting and inspiring. It’s also wonderful there are so many in one place so that I can seek the one I need to speak to my present situation. Just like the bible, (although the bible is much better), I can truly use these quotes to help maintain inner strength. Thanks to these men and women who have been through what they have or know of people who have… and left words of encouragement for us all.

6. shweta

May 31, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Wonderful , this quotes help to think in positive way.
    Will you help me to give me suggestion because I m very worry because of my health and career problems . I m try to think positive but its going to very difficult for me .

• vinod kr.samtani

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Just have hope..it is the only suggestion n solution of all problems…

7. Lai

May 11, 2015 at 2:45 am

🙂 🙂

8. ANUPREET

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:57 am

GOOD QUOTES

9. ole siara

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Thanks, great ones, will help in daily life decision

10. aboobacker

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:56 am

i read all quotes. but easy to make a practical life is better to do mediation with balanced mind (don’t allow to go mind outside) every morning for at least 20 minutes and there after practice simple yoga. if do these regular practice and always keep relaxed mind.

11. pranjal dhoble

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:18 pm

This thoughts are really inspiring i got new energy from it

12. Isshu Mangla

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:02 am

Thank you so much for this amazing quoits I am forever grateful………..:)

13. Eve

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this great collection of positive quotes.

14. meenaz khan

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:47 am

Very inspiring qoutes
    Thanks joel

15. Hasib

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:53 am

Again thanks Joel Brown. You are my Idol. Again I have collected many quotes from you.

Joel Brown

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:25 am

16. rehan attar

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:00 am

Thanks a lot.. you will give the great opportunity for new life

17. Harvey

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Thank you so much for these amazing quotes, i am forever Grateful .

18. bk

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:34 am

Wonderful collection of positive quotes to keep for the rainy day to remind ourselves to think positive.

19. Muzafar kashmiri

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:28 pm

superb qouts I love it thanks for your qouts about life…

20. Anurag

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:42 am

Got better experience in the way of looking this world…!

25 Confucius Quotes That Will Inspire You to Live the Best Life Possible

confucius quotes
Image Credit | The Great Courses

Confucius was an exceptional teacher and philosopher that founded Confucianism which can be described as a way to govern your life. Confucianism is founded on the notion that human beings can improve their life through personal development and create the life they truly desire.

Below are some bits of wisdom Confucius spoke to life:

1. “Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.” – Confucius

2. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Confucius

3. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Confucius

4.Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius

5. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

6. “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”- Confucius

7. “The journey with a 1000 miles begins with one step.”- Confucius

8. “All people are the same; only their habits differ.”- Confucius

9. “If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.”- Confucius

10. “Worry not that no one knows you; seek to be worth knowing.”- Confucius

11. “One joy dispels a hundred cares.”- Confucius

12. “Roads were made for journeys not destinations.”- Confucius

13. “No matter how busy you make think you are you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”- Confucius

14. “The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action.”- Confucius

15. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”- Confucius

16. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.”- Confucius

17. “When anger rises, think of the consequences.”- Confucius

18. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”- Confucius

19. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”- Confucius

20. “When we see persons of worth, we should think of equaling them; when we see persons of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.”- Confucius

21. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.”- Confucius

22. “A gentleman would be ashamed should his deeds not match his words.”- Confucius

23. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”- Confucius

24. “When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it – this is knowledge.”- Confucius

25.Imagination is more important than knowledge.”- Confucius

Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!

5 Viktor Frankl Quotes to Reshape Your Perspective Today

Viktor Frankl quotes
Image Credit: Intellectual Takeout

Highly regarded as one of Viktor Frankl’s greatest works, “A Man’s Search For Meaning” highlights Dr. Frankl’s perseverance and survival through the Auschwitz concentration camp. His insights, both harrowing and enchanting, can be readily applied as a sort of spiritual compass for the modern-day man or woman.

With more distracting information than ever available today, most people quietly yearn for wisdom. Rather than fabricate a guidance system that may but probably won’t be applicable to your unique situation, I’ve leveraged one of the finest minds in recent historical memory to forge a more universal guidance system.

Here are 5 of my favorite and most applicable excerpts from one of Dr. Frankl’s most classic writings:

1. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response.”

This is where emotional agility resides. Always, even if only for a split-second, we’re given a choice in our response after an event unfolds. Things become increasingly complicated when we either forget we have a choice or don’t believe we have one (even though, in essence, you’re choosing not to believe it).

Taking five full seconds to process events prior to responding — especially the ones we’re taken aback by — shifts the balance of power back in our favor. This space between is our mental fortress — the command center for life-altering actions to be triggered. Make sure you treat it as such.

2. “The more one forgets himself — by giving himself to a cause to serve or another person to love — the more human he is and the more he actualizes himself.”

Some of the hardest, yet most freeing advice I’ve ever received is the statement “It’s not about you.” There are moments in life when we “do the right thing” and fill with spiritual joy. We don’t think about who may have been watching, if we’ll get credit, or how it may come back around. We just do it.

Those moments  when we get outside of ourselves and stand for a greater purpose  deliver the onset of lasting fulfillment. The times where you light up not because of the recognition you’ve received, but because you committed an act of true nobility are the one’s when you leave your mark on the world in a positive manner. The more you look to be a moon instead of the sun, the happier you will be along the way.

3. “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning.”

You’ve heard it before: “Life has no meaning except for the meaning we give it.” While this understanding does give off a grim outlook, it’s actually quite the contrary. This grants us the freedom to assign whatever we see fit. When we realized a meaning isn’t necessarily fixed, we can sift through our options until we land on what’s most empowering.

In the book, Frankl recounts a story of a boy dying an early death. He shares how the boy once saw a situation unfold where he revered a terminally ill person’s courage and dignity in handling ultimate demise. Instead of cursing the heavens upon his own diagnosis, the boy stated fate was granting him a similar opportunity.

Luckily for most of us, our everyday experiences aren’t life or death. This is the case, however, until it’s not. The fragility and beauty of life are collapsed. It’s essential we maximize our time and minimize our suffering to make the most of it. Don’t cling to the first thing that shows up when a tough situation presents itself. Scan your optional meanings and make a wise, empowering decision.

4. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”

The majority of suffering occurs today when the blueprint of someone’s life doesn’t match reality. This gap between expectation and actuality is where pain resides. We can usually do a few things to shift the occurrence of reality, but much of it is outside our locus of control. To continue closing the gap, we must change the hard expectations we have for our lives.

Immediately after, feelings of resignation may show up, like we’re compromising what we deserve. However, the lasting change can be found in our values and what we place at highest importance. For example, many people want things like love and passion in their lives, but only if it’s packaged a certain way. Perhaps other desire success, but it must be distinct type of success. Reevaluating what we want the most versus what we want right now can be a prudent “saving grace” for making the most out of difficult situations.

5. “For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each of us does his best.”

As Don Miguel Ruiz asserts in “The Four Agreements,” always doing your best is critical to life working for you. Who gets the pick of the litter in terms of fame and fortune is damn-near a crapshoot, but there will be far less spoils for any of us to garner unless each of us does our best. This is where a certain degree of faith is required to continue making sacrifices for the sake of your contribution to the world, even if no one is watching.

The silver lining for those of us reading this article that we get to choose. Engaging in activities we legitimately enjoy puts us in a better state, which increases the likelihood we will be kind and supportive of others as we come in contact with them.

Life is hard enough for each individual. When left to our own devices, our minds often wander into darkness – sometimes unlikely to return. It is with this in mind, we do our best. We continue getting up, helping others, and doing as much of what we love as time permits. We may not shake the world this way, but we can certainly move it.

Which one of Viktor Frankl’s quotes is your favorite and why? Let us know in the comments below!

23 Anthony Bourdain Quotes To Inspire You To Greatness

Photo Credit: CNN/Netflix

Anthony Bourdain was a legend. From his extensive knowledge & experience to the culinary world, to the adventures he brought us on the show Parts Unknown where the shared the stage with everyone from villages in Cambodia to former president Barack Obama. However Bourdain continued to drop knowledge bombs through his entire career that resonate with us today.

Here are 23 of Anthony Bourdain’s best quotes:

1. “You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.” – Anthony Bourdain

2. “To be treated well in places where you don’t expect to be treated well, to find things in common with people you had thought previously you had very, very little in common with, can’t be a bad thing.” – Anthony Bourdain

3.  “I’m not afraid to look like an idiot.” – Anthony Bourdain

4. “I always entertain the notion that I’m wrong, or that I’ll have to revise my opinion. Most of the time that feels good; sometimes it hurts and is really embarrassing.” – Anthony Bourdain

5. “Your body is not a temple: It’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” – Anthony Bourdain

8. Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetring in the unknown.” – Anthony Bourdain

Which Anthony Bourdain quote resonates with you the most? Comment below!

23 Inspirational Michael B. Jordan Quotes

Michael B. Jordan Quotes
Image Credit | Variety

Michael B. Jordan is quickly becoming an all-star actor. After appearing in major motion pictures such as Creed and most recently as the villain Killmonger in the blockbuster Black Panther. Hailing from Newark New Jersey, he grew up in one of the roughest places in the U.S. However, he overcame struggles, worked hard, and found success through being obsessed with his passion: acting.

Here are some of Michael B. Jordans best & most powerful quotes:

1. “I’ve never been the guy to hype myself up. It’s just not my thing.” – Michael B. Jordan

2. “I think everyone starts in the mailroom at some point! It’s a rite of passage. Your boss has to throw something at you and order you around for at least two years.” – Michael B. Jordan

3. “So you tell yourself to just do the work and disconnect, because you have no control over the outcome.” – Michael B. Jordan

4. “Sometimes you’re overthinking, you convince yourself to get out of it and you’re like, ‘ah I shoulda did that!’ You can’t live life with regrets. Sometimes you just gotta indulge. But in the same breath, you gotta have restraint and self-control too.” – Michael B. Jordan

5. “Be collaborative. I’ve had some of my best experiences with directors who were able to sit down and have a conversation and ask me what I thought.” – Michael B. Jordan

6. “I want people to leave the theatre and think, ‘How can I be a better person?’ That’s the only way things are going to improve.” – Michael B. Jordan

7. “I think it’s just easier for people to put you in a box or a lane because you look similar. I think that’s unfair for anybody in any situation.” – Michael B. Jordan

8. “Taking a break, taking a moment, is super important.” – Michael B. Jordan

9. “You can only fool reality until the truth comes knocking on your door.” – Michael B. Jordan

10. “As human beings, why does it take somebody to feel like they’re close to us for us to see their humanity? Why can’t we see the humanity in people that are distant from us?” – Michael B. Jordan

11. “Sometimes family doesn’t always consist of your relatives or by blood. Sometimes your best friends can feel more like family than your cousins. I think everybody kind of has that same feeling. When you go through an accident together, when you go through a traumatic event, sometimes that brings you closer together.” – Michael B. Jordan

Like these quotes? Check out more quotes from his namesake Michael Jordan

12. “I think everybody wants to be their own person and be an individual.” – Michael B. Jordan

13. “Sometimes you gotta go with your first instinct. You gotta go with your gut. That’s kind of how I live my life you gotta go with your gut.” – Michael B. Jordan

14. “Equality means having the same rights and liberties and opportunities regardless of our differences.” – Michael B. Jordan

15. “Do as much homework as you can. Learn everybody’s job and don’t just settle.” – Michael B. Jordan

16. “That’s one of the fun parts of becoming an actor: you can become whoever you want to be.” – Michael B. Jordan

17. “I’m not good at everything, I just do my best at everything.” – Michael B. Jordan

18. “Certain things I can’t even explain. There’s a thing about being lucky and…I feel like certain things are just, like, in your cards. I’m just walking the path that’s already set.” – Michael B. Jordan

19. “I’ve been living with that all my life. My name is Michael Jordan, so I’m always being compared to a person of greatness.” – Michael B. Jordan

20. “I think redemption is just about righting a wrong, and in that pursuit it’s about trying. You can stumble, you can make mistakes, but it’s about trying to do the right thing.” – Michael B. Jordan

21. “Just as people, we’re different around different people and in different environments.” – Michael B. Jordan

22. “Don’t pretend to know everything. I’ve been blessed to work with a lot of veteran actors, and I soak up lessons from them like a sponge.” – Michael B. Jordan

23. “Sometimes you’ve gotta hide the medicine in the food. You can’t slap somebody in the face with facts all the time. It’s too harsh.” – Michael B. Jordan

Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!

Entrepreneurs

The 21st Century Entrepreneur’s Guide to Attracting Ready to Buy Customers

how to attract customers

Unlike some decades ago, the number one challenge entrepreneurs face is not figuring out a perfect name for their startup or getting overwhelmed at the point of bringing the startup to life. Rather, the major challenge of startup founders nowadays is attracting their first (or next) sets of qualified, always-willing-to-buy customers. (more…)

Noman Aqil is a Marketing Manager at Kayako, the effortless customer service software that helps teams be more productive and build customer loyalty. Noman is based in UAE and loves football, traveling and reading books.

1. js james

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:38 am

Simply superb……Its just like honey added to an apple!!!

2. S Govindarajan

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:17 am

superb quotes I love it thanks for your quotes about life…

3. hari

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:35 am

thank u for ur great quote ..

4. gudboydeson

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:09 am

so sensitive and encouraging too ..

I really appreciate them.

5. Sandy

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:43 am

6. shweta

May 31, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Wonderful , this quotes help to think in positive way.

• vinod kr.samtani

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Just have hope..it is the only suggestion n solution of all problems…

7. Lai

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:56 am

11. pranjal dhoble

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:18 pm

This thoughts are really inspiring i got new energy from it

12. Isshu Mangla

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:02 am

Thank you so much for this amazing quoits I am forever grateful………..:)

13. Eve

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this great collection of positive quotes.

14. meenaz khan

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:47 am

Very inspiring qoutes
    Thanks joel

15. Hasib

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:53 am

Joel Brown

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:25 am

16. rehan attar

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:00 am

Thanks a lot.. you will give the great opportunity for new life

17. Harvey

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Thank you so much for these amazing quotes, i am forever Grateful .

18. bk

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:34 am

19. Muzafar kashmiri

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:28 pm

superb qouts I love it thanks for your qouts about life…

20. Anurag

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:42 am

Got better experience in the way of looking this world…!

25 Confucius Quotes That Will Inspire You to Live the Best Life Possible

12. “Roads were made for journeys not destinations.”- Confucius

17. “When anger rises, think of the consequences.”- Confucius

18. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”- Confucius

21. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.”- Confucius

23. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”- Confucius

25.Imagination is more important than knowledge.”- Confucius

Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!

5 Viktor Frankl Quotes to Reshape Your Perspective Today

Viktor Frankl quotes
Image Credit: Intellectual Takeout

23 Anthony Bourdain Quotes To Inspire You To Greatness

Photo Credit: CNN/Netflix

Here are 23 of Anthony Bourdain’s best quotes:

3.  “I’m not afraid to look like an idiot.” – Anthony Bourdain

Which Anthony Bourdain quote resonates with you the most? Comment below!

23 Inspirational Michael B. Jordan Quotes

Michael B. Jordan Quotes
Image Credit | Variety

Here are some of Michael B. Jordans best & most powerful quotes:

8. “Taking a break, taking a moment, is super important.” – Michael B. Jordan

Like these quotes? Check out more quotes from his namesake Michael Jordan

Which quote resonated with you the most? Comment below!