10 Empowering Quotes For Success by Jordan Belfort (The Wolf of Wall Street)

Motivational speaker & High sales performance coachJordan Belfort” has been making a name for himself lately as the trailer for his 2007 Memoir “The Wolf of Wall Street” spreads all over the web. Martin Scorses & Leonardo Di Caprio team up to create a potential blockbuster based off Jordan Belfort’s wild life.

Here is a collection of Jordan Belforts unforgettable quotes for success.

10 Jordan Belfort Quotes For Success

“No matter what happened to you in your past, you are not your past, you are the resources and the capabilities you glean from it. And that is the basis for all change.” – Jordan Belfort

“I believe in total immersion, if you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich. You have to unlearn all the thoughts that were making you poor and replace them with new thoughts – rich thoughts.” – Jordan Belfort

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort

“The easiest way to make money is -create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.” – Jordan Belfort

“If you want to be rich, never give up. People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learnt enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.” – Jordan Belfort

“When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.” – Jordan Belfort

“Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny , they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.” – Jordan Belfort

“Winners use words that say ‘must’ and ‘will’.” – Jordan Belfort

“Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today – you will become successful.”  – Jordan Belfort

“If you give people a good enough ‘why’, they will always figure out the ‘how’.” – Jordan Belfort

Jordan Belfort Picture Quote

Jordan Belfort Picture Quote

1. Eljean Drilon

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:19 am

This qoute is so powerful “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”

2. Blackgriff

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:53 am

I loved the movie it had a deep meaning about self determination and sales success the excess and crime were a personal flaw in a man that uncovered a brilliant way to speak about a product a sale it. He is a deal closer you broke retards. If you wish to dwell on the worst you will not see the best. He made money from a script and a bunch of hungry readers. Top that.

3. Tony

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Good inspirational quotes, but it is from a guy who did con alot of money out of people. He has learnt from this, but don’t use these quotes in isolation – there are better people out there to be inspired by

• ken

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:35 am

The quote was made inspire and motivate. One doesn’t need to look to the source of the quote as a role model to be inspired.

4. Walter

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:35 am

Unfortunately, the brilliant performance of Leonardo Di Caprio and the similarly well directed relevant movie, have not received any well deserved Oscar. It’s a shame!! One should not punish great performances for fear of giving credit to criminal actions …

5. Campbell Scott

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:15 am

It seems a multitude of people profited from he and his teams wealth. Taylors, drivers, boat dealers, car dealers, drug dealers, party girls, jewelers, real estate agents, restaurants, airlines, hotels, telephone companies, banks, to name but a few. Seems to me he redistributed a great deal of the money.

6. Shail

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I believe the whole conversation has gone in the wrong direction, this post is not for to discuss ‘what Mr. JB has done’, we all know that. The bottom line is – what to take up, good part or bad part. it’s up to you. I believe the motive behind this post is very clear – help you succeed.

7. ken

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:40 am

Just me, completely agree with u on what success means.
    Danny, you think the majority of investors used spare money? A large number of investors were not “educated investors”. Pick up a series 7 study book, read in regards to “know ur client”.
    The comment u make that investors used spare money makes it obvious u know nothing about the BB, pink sheets, grey market markets. I assume u don’t know what a reverse merger is either.
    Any of these are very high risk. The majority of them will spend more in their pump.
    Cold calling means just that. I have no idea where you got ur info from, but yes…there were plenty of investors who were hurt and their futures would never be the same.
    By reading ur comment, u assume one needs to go to college to have success?
    I agree education works for many, my kids attend college, no loans, I pay for it.
    Next time I see my buddy with no college, I’ll show him ur post, After he visits me driving his new Lambo or Rolls conv, from his beach front house, or when flies in on his plane from his home in Hawaii or Florida.
    I’m not knocking college, but having the attitude that you have one up on someone is is self made, is nothing short of a blind eye.
    By the way, I did go to college.
    As for a second chance ? I get it. I knew who he was back in the days he was active with his firm. I never personally knew him, but many involved in trading back then knew of his firm.
    Maybe I’m blind to what many of u see he has to offer. I just cannot forget what he represented and the damage, and with that, I don’t consider him somone I would look up to nor would I want to listen to.
    Oh, Just Me…wall street will always be wall street. I get it.

8. Just me

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Wow..looks like the “educating and inspiring” part of this website is gone..
    I am a Technology Consultant and have worked with Billionaire Global CEOs and Broke “Garage” Entrepreneurs and I have noticed every client has a different perspective on what “success” is to them and their company. For some “Tons of money” is success, others taking the company public and others are happy with their corner bakery.

While Jordan Belfort did rip allot of people off, some with “extra money” and others who didn’t have it to spend, but bought into the I wanna be rich dream. He was and still is an incredible Motivational Speaker and Salesman. He knew what he wanted and had the drive and determination to get it.

You scoff at those that see past the Con-man and learn from the man he was and has become. However, if you knew what those C-suite execs really discuss and did at the big table, you would probably think they are all Con-men and women. ijs

…and before you start the hate…I have read both his books years ago, seen the movie and don’t condone what he did…

9. Gopi

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:36 am

hi to all, this guy who cheated innocent investors doesn’t deserve so much of attention. But the way in which he bounced back learning from his mistakes is commendable and not everyone who fails can do that..!! Im a fan of the new jordan belfort!

10. Danny

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:36 am

Now, let me ask you this ken. What kind of tangible product and or service doesn’t inflict financial damage? Once you can answer that then you will get my attention. Jordan did take from people, that’s a given, but he took what they had to spare to try and better themselves. They where putting that extra money off to the side for this kind of investing. So in theory he didn’t cause financial damages to the point where their living conditions where affected. So, take your uneducated comment back to the university that you still owe money to in student loans. That’s considering you went to college.

• Jim Denton

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:43 am

so every time we buy soap we are causing financial damage? and stealing from people who can afford it, is a-ok in your book?

• Danny

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:39 am

Yes, it may not make or break you but in a way you’re inflicting damage to your finances. Let me ask you this, what is it you do?

11. constantin

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:56 am

My dear sir ken, you deserve a thumbs up!

12. ken

Dec 20, 2013 at 6:32 am

Verbal talent, (good salesmanship), tons of money does not equal the goal of success, thus I do not agree with Jennah. Can we learn from Belfort? Yes.
    I live in Manhattan Beach and honestly have no respect for him and no desire to meet him. If ur ethics allow u to consider a person “successful” who caused so much personal and financial damage to so many, u are a follower, not a leader. Maybe ur thinking is clouded by the glitter of the movie. Most successful people I know can always see thru the glitter

• Dave Johnson

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:59 am

everyone deserves a second chance hell those guys on wall st are still doing the same crap

13. Motivational Speaker

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:29 am

Jordan is a man we will be hearing more about no doubt.

14. Marc-Andre Seguin

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Ahem! “Whether you say, ‘I can’ or ‘I can’t,’ you’re right either way.” … is more like paraphrasing Henry Ford.

• tom

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:23 pm

This guy Jordan sounds like s Gordon Gheko ass- who believes in his shit-he I s s con man again- that is why he succeeds

• Jennah

Dec 19, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Con-man or shmon-man. He’s successful. Stop hating! There’s no good enough excuse for such a low or bitter comment. This is a site to help you succeed. Gain from it where you can. If you can’t, work on yourself.

• Chris

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:57 am

Jennah, you’re an idiot. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but forefeit his soul?

• Tina

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:24 am

And your soul will be saved calling someone an idiot?

• alberto

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:41 am

CLAP CLAP !!

• Fred Mandarin

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:01 am

Um, der – he gets the whole world. What would he need a soul for?

• Theboss

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Jennah I got your back and agree 100%

• Armando

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I agree!

6 Inspiring Quotes From Lucille Ball That Will Motivate You to Stand Out and Reach for the Stars

lucille ball quotes
Image Credit: Getty Images

The original “Queen of Comedy” Lucille “Lucy” Ball, continues to be an icon of fiery sass and humor for every generation. Her timeless comedic talent still sets the standard for those desiring to follow in her celebrated entertainment footsteps.

Here are six inspiring quotes from her that will motivate you to stand out from the crowd and never give up on your dreams:

1. “One of the things I learned the hard way, was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

In business and our personal lives, we are bombarded daily by outward criticism and inward self-doubt. In order to realise the success we strive for and attain the goals we hope to achieve, it’s important to practice a strong positive outlook.

Although Ball was known for being an inherently shy girl, when she was 15 years old, she convinced her mom to allow her to attend New York Drama School. The administrator of the school, unable to see the talent hidden behind the shyness, wrote to her mother telling her not to “waste her money and the school’s time with this shy, awkward young lady.”

Refusing to be deterred by the shortsighted criticism, Ball dug in her heels, overcame her shyness, and went on to become the talented comedic actress and icon we know and love today. Just imagine how unfortunate it would have been if she had taken the negative criticism to heart and decided to give up her passion.

2. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work—and realising what is opportunity and what isn’t.”

Today, we are very much conditioned to expect instant gratification in all areas of life. It’s important to remember, however, that true personal and professional success is achieved through tenacity and hard work. Very seldom does “luck” play a substantial role in building a solid and promising future.

Few people may realise that beyond the laughter and crazy shenanigans that Ball is so well known for, she was a trailblazing businesswoman who mapped out her professional path and keenly took advantage of opportunities that came her way.

Behind the scenes, she was co-creator, owner, and partner of Desilu Productions with her husband, Desi Arnaz. I Love Lucy was the first real sitcom developed by a husband and wife team, and under Desilu Studios, the show pioneered the multi-camera shot and filmed in front of a live audience—something no one else was doing at the time.

Being a female owner of a film production company in the 1960s was unprecedented. But, Ball didn’t stop there. Instead, she would eventually buy out Desi and become the first female CEO of a major television and movie production company. Her hard work and perseverance created a legacy to last for generations.

3. “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven’t.”

Regrets are a fact of life both personally and professionally. However, most of us would probably admit that we learned some valuable things about ourselves from past mistakes and mishaps. Most would agree that our biggest regrets are related to the opportunities and experiences that we didn’t seize when we had the chance.

Ball’s career in the entertainment world was full of various ups and downs that included many B movies and lackluster performances. However, she continued to forge ahead learning from each and every experience. She was forty years old when she finally hit her stride and began her journey with I Love Lucy. Ball didn’t let the fact that Hollywood considered her to be “old” to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.

Instead of letting the long road of disappointments and closed doors discourage her, Ball refused to give up and found a way to create her own destiny and achieve the success that she had worked so hard for.

4. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.”

We live in a culture where most of us just want to fit in. There is a pressure to conform to a set of expectations in both our professional and personal lives. However, it’s often when we take a risk to set ourselves apart, that doors of opportunities and experiences open for us.

For example, Ball’s natural hair colour was a light to medium brown with reddish tones. Early in her career, she bleached it blonde in hopes of being able to compete with the plethora of bombshell blondes of the era. She eventually realised, however, she needed to stand out, not blend in!

In a past interview, Ball is quoted stating, “Not being a beauty, I hated any part in a picture which depended on beauty. I resented work where looks were that important. There are so many glamour girls that I felt it was silly for me to try to compete with them.”

Dyeing her natural brown hair the colour red was one of the greatest risks Ball took early in her career, but it became one of the late comedian’s most beautiful physical features that helped her stand out and succeed in Hollywood. She shared, “I had to learn to concentrate on developing my personality—to have an individual approach. The way you feel about yourself has a lot to do with the impression you make.”

5. “The more things you do, the more you can do.”

We should never stop striving to learn new skills and grow in knowledge. Taking the steps to constantly evolve in our understanding of our professional and personal life—as well as the world around us—helps build a firm foundation for our present and future.

Ball was a true pioneer for the women of her time. She was not afraid to tackle new things or learn more about the production and business side of her career even though she was encroaching on a man’s world at the time. She knew that any knowledge she gained about the entertainment business would help ensure her future success.

For example, behind the scenes, Ball was an integral part of the business operations of Desilu Productions. She was one of the final voices in all decisions made regarding the show and the production company. And it didn’t stop there. In front of the camera, she portrayed a determined woman diligently trying to work outside of the home in various careers while still tackling the responsibilities of being a housewife and a mother. To put it simply, she just wasn’t scared to try something new.

It’s important to not let fear of failure, or the unknown, deter us from taking chances to break the mould and step out of our comfort zone. The possibilities for growth, success, and achievement are endless.

6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”

It’s quite profound how much we can learn from the fortitude and spunk exuded from Lucille Ball, the “Queen of Comedy.” As we’ve seen through these quotes, Ball refused to let others dictate who she would become or what she would achieve. Instead, she had a firm grasp on her own self-worth and was determined to forge ahead to fulfill her dreams.

She demonstrated that self-confidence and inner strength are vital to professional and personal success—a lesson that we would all be wise to remember.

Which one of the above Lucille Ball quotes was your favorite and why? Share your thoughts with us below!

30 Inspirational Quotes by Michelle Obama That Will Lift Everyone Up

Michelle obama quotes
Image Credit: Crown Publishing

Michelle Obama, wife of former United States President, Barack Obama, an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon. In the eight amazing years that she served as the First Lady of the United States of America, she managed to become an inspiration for women all across the globe.

She has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman. Over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation. Every single person – young or old, is sure to take inspiration and motivation from her words.

Here are 30 quotes spoken by Michelle Obama:

1. “When they go low, we go high.”

2. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”

3. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”

4. “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”

5. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”

6. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”

7. “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”

8. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”

9. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”

10. “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”

11. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”

12.Empower yourselves with a good education, then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of your boundless promise.”

13. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”

14. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”

15. “Choose people who lift you up.”

16. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”

17. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”

18. “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”

19. “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”

20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”

21. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”

22. “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”

23. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.”

24. “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”

25. “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”

26. “People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.”

27. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”

28. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”

29. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.”

30. “If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn’t be here. I guarantee you that.”

What is your favorite quote from Michelle Obama? Comment Below!

90 Success Quotes You Should Have Tattooed On Your Body!

Today we have 90 of the Beefiest Success & Motivation Quotes you should have tattooed on your body. (more…)

42 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation

35 Les Brown Quotes That Will Intensify Your Motivation

As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence by delivering a high energy message which tells people how to shake off mediocrity and live up to their greatness. (more…)