- 12 Empowering Lessons From The Multi Billionaire “Warren Buffett”Posted 2 weeks ago
- 25 Thought Provoking Picture Quotes To Inspire A Change In YouPosted 2 months ago
- Top 20 Quotes To Inspire Graduate StudentsPosted 2 months ago
- 25 Inspirational Quotes From Great Personal Development AuthorsPosted 3 months ago
- (Images) 52 Motivational Picture Quotes For An Epic Year Of SuccessPosted 4 months ago
- 12 Stand Out Quotes From Paulo Coelho’s Amazing Book “The Alchemist”Posted 4 months ago
- (Images) 13 Motivational Picture Quotes To Pick You UpPosted 5 months ago
- (Images) 43 Of The Most Popular Motivation Picture QuotesPosted 8 months ago
Don’t Set Goals…Until You Read This
Don’t set goals…… Without taking these 14 tips into consideration!
1. Make it specific and challenging
Telling yourself, “I’m going to do my best” leaves the door open to settle for sub-par effort. Make yourself accountable, be specific and raise the bar.
2. Remind yourself that it’s going to be difficult
Two reasons people throw in the towel on their goals is because they underestimate how long it’s going to take and how difficult it’s going to be. This isn’t going to happen to you will it?
3. Make sure it’s your goal
Don’t pick a goal that you’re “supposed” to choose or a goal that someone gives you. Own your goal.
4. Just pick one
You’ll be amazed on what you can do when you lock-‐in on one thing.
5. Don’t let your goal consume you
Just because I told you to pick one, that doesn’t mean to forget everything else. Don’t let your goal blind you from other important things (i.e. family, sleep, health, school, work, etc.)
6. Celebrate your victories
If you’re not careful you’re going to miss those hard-‐to-‐notice successes, don’t let that happen. Those are going to fuel your confidence along the way.
7. Have your goal in your face every day
Have a poster, a saying, picture, or anything else to remind you of your goal every day.
8. Have a finish line
Could you imagine running in a race that doesn’t end? Eventually your motivation would drop, your energy would give, and your enjoyment will whither. The same thing happens when you don’t have a finish line to your goal.
9. Know your obstacles
Think about and write down all the things you’re going to face that will get in the way of your goal achievement. Do you still want to climb this mountain?
10. Have plans to combat those obstacles
What are you going to do when adversity strikes?
11. Start BIG, work small
Don’t get caught into the minute details of achieving your goal before you start. For example, some people trying to get into shape don’t begin immediately because they’re so worried about having the perfect shoes, the right watch, and ideal meal plan, that it gets in the way of them actually doing something. Just go; take care of the details later.
12. Lock‐in on the present
Goal attainment is achieved by giving your attention to the only thing you can control – doing something today.
13. Process over results
Focus on the process and let the results follow.
14. Have fun
No explanation needed.